Ahern, one of the leading mechanical and fire protection contractors in the United States, has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Human Resources Business Partner to work from our Fond du Lac, Appleton, or Milwaukee office to support our Fire Protection Division. Building a first-class reputation in the industry since 1880 did not happen by chance. It has developed over time through our commitment to conducting business ethically and by providing continuous learning, improvement, and development opportunities for our number one asset, our employees. You owe it to yourself to find out what Ahern has to offer!
As a Sr. Human Resources Business Partner you will serve as a strategic partner to business unit leaders throughout the Midwest. You will influence and provide consultative guidance and coaching to managers and employees in the key areas of talent acquisition, talent management, performance management and employee relations and align HR priorities with the business.
Specifically, this position will be responsible for:
- Leading your business units’ strategy for succession, development, and organizational design.
- Meeting with managers to conduct regular talent reviews to identify successors and facilitate career planning conversations.
- Identifying opportunities for increased productivity through organizational design and helping to define appropriate roles and responsibilities.
- Ensuring that appropriate performance assessments and feedback are given on a regular basis.
- Providing input on employee performance reviews and coaching managers on performance conversations as well as working with managers on implementing, monitoring, and improving employee performance.
- Partnering with organizational development, learning and development and other HR specialty resources to further talent management and performance management within your business units.
- Being accessible to employees for questions and concerns and helping to interpret policies and answers general questions.
- Assisting managers with exit strategies, conducting exit interviews, and assisting with communication to business units.
- Supporting the business in developing a pipeline of top talent and successfully integrating them to the organization by assisting with the interview process and aiding managers in making hiring decisions.
What You Need to Qualify:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Business, Human Resources, or related field
- 6+ years of demonstrated experience in strategic Human Resources
- Prior experience in a construction setting highly preferred
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Good business acumen and consultative skills with a strong ability to establish credibility, trust, and partnership at all levels of the organization including the executives you will directly support
- High level of independence and influence while working effectively and collaboratively with teams
- Ability to plan and organize and lead multiple tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including exceptional written and oral communication skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to simultaneously deal with many complex, diverse issues.
- Ability to resource, organize and deploy a strong project team and foster a spirit of team play.
What’s in it for you?
Ahern has a commitment to excellence that extends beyond our outstanding customer satisfaction ratings and numerous safety awards. The Company extends this commitment by passing a significant amount of profits back to employees through bonus programs, and a generous 401K match. Ahern has a health benefits package that ranks in the top 20% of all plans nationally. Ahern also has a wellness program that was designed to keep employees and their families happy and healthy. Significant investment in employee training programs, advancement opportunities, educational assistance, and flexible/remote work schedules have helped Ahern stand out above others in the industry. Experience for yourself why Ahern has been voted the Best Place to Work!
Ahern is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages veterans, women, minorities, and disabled individuals to apply.
Nearest Major Market: Appleton
Nearest Secondary Market: Oshkosh