Senior IT Internal Auditor
Apply Job ID 23742 Date posted Jan. 17, 2023
Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Senior IT Internal Auditor is primarily responsible for working with the IT Audit Manager to perform information technology internal audit projects as well as participating on financial, operational and compliance audits, as part of the total internal audit plan. This responsibility includes performing internal audit procedures and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Scope of work performed will include applying knowledge of the COBIT framework and Systems Development Life Cycle to audit applications, databases, and operating systems, focusing on Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance. Additionally, the Senior IT Internal Auditor performs follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues and champions internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business. The Senior IT Internal Auditor may direct and review the work performed by other internal audit personnel, including resources from the co-sourcing firm.
- Lead IT SOX audits in accordance with the annual audit plan including the planning and review of staff workpapers.
- Supervise and develop team members.
- Identify, understand and document processes, including the relevant risks and controls.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the internal control environment and compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities for process and control enhancements to ensure risks are adequately mitigated.
- Interact with management to build ongoing business relationships.
- Communicate noted issues, risks, and control deficiencies to Management.
- Understand the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (and any related SEC follow-on pronouncements) and auditing standards (including COBIT) and assist in maintaining processes and functions to help ensure compliance with such requirements.
- Complete ad hoc and other duties related to Internal Audit services, as assigned.
- Understand rules issued by applicable regulatory or governing bodies to remain current on auditing, accounting, and regulatory trends.
- Work with external auditors to complete an efficient external audit for the company.
- Minimal travel, up to 10% to various locations in North America
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Education: Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, MIS or related field
Experience: 3+ years of experience in IT audit or information technology, with a minimum of 1 year in IT audit.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CISA designation preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good organization skills.
- Understanding of Internal control concepts (COBIT, Systems Development Life Cycle, COSO, Sarbanes Oxley and risk assessment practices) and experience in applying them to plan, perform, and report on the control evaluation of various business systems/processes/functions.
- Knowledge of IT technical domains, such as application programming languages, networks, and related infrastructure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Experience in performing multiple projects, carrying out multiple priorities and working with varying team members
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to create spreadsheets and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with business partners
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace