Fond du Lac
Identify, develop and manage marketing plans, marketing communications programs, and new product development strategy. Achieve marketing and sales objectives by collaborating with cross-functional team members and agency partners. Actively contribute to the development of marketing and business unit strategy and ensure linkage to marketing programming. Coordinate marketing function support to excellence in insight-based selling.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Talent Management
• Advocates for effective execution of the performance management process by working with direct report/s to set clear objectives, goals and expectations. Conducts regular coaching and constructive feedback discussions to review performance and goal progress, assist with challenges, identify strengths and development areas.
• Supports Associate professional and career development, while increasing engagement and motivation.
• Supports workforce planning and talent acquisition strategies by effectively developing diverse talent for the organization.
2. Demonstrate ownership of and lead the development and execution of marketing strategies, plans and programs to support the delivery of Custom Ingredients Business unit objectives and strategies
• Develop strategic marketing plans for domestic and international markets including creative briefs to support business objectives and initiate results-driven marketing programming, gaining alignment with leadership.
• In conjunction with the Marketing Manager, work with agency partners to develop plans ensuring that all brand creative, message and tactical execution are on brand and track and deliver against program objectives, budget, and timing.
• Lead the development of international marketing plans and activities. Research, along with other CIG management, to discover and select agency partners to support international marketing activities.
• Oversee international day to day agency marketing activities to support long term growth in identified international markets.
• Manage and develop strategies for CIG trademark and registrations in international and domestic markets.
• Drive deliverables to secure execution against desired in-market date. Report risk and opportunities, monitor and communicate status. Identify mitigation plans and secure CIG leadership approval; implement as necessary.
• In conjunction with Marketing Manager and external agency, oversee the development and execution of digital strategy, including website, SEO, digital advertising and social media.
• In collaboration with Finance and R&D, develop the financial analysis for new product development including volume, revenue and key drivers which impact the results of new product launches.
• Lead the development of marketing business unit plans that support organizational priorities. Provide input to annual planning activities including Strategic Reviews, SLRP, and annual operating budgets and plans as needed.
• In collaboration with Sales and R&D, create sales tools and materials for use in communicating, educating, and selling in business/product opportunities of targeted customers and applications.
• In collaboration with Sales and R&D, identify and develop market, customer and consumer selling insights for international and domestic markets to drive excellence in insight-based selling.
3. In collaboration with Marketing, Sales and R&D, drive domestic and international market growth, sales, and profitability via identification of new marketing and product development opportunities.
• Identify and implement the most effective B2B marketing tactics including general marketing and digital media and others as identified. Track and measure marketing tactics to ensure positive ROI of marketing activities and provide ongoing recommendation to optimize ROI on forward basis. Establish critical baseline marketing metrics for both domestic and international markets.
• Partner with R&D to identify new product opportunities and lead the evaluation of opportunities to provide a roadmap to the new product development process.
• Work closely with the Sales Director and International Sales Manager(s) to develop targeted marketing programs in targeted international markets.
• Identify potential new international business opportunities in chosen markets as well as prospective customers who may benefit by utilizing Custom Ingredients wide range of product solutions.
• Identify and provide recommendations on new products, services, markets and programs which can fuel the company’s growth and assist the sales team in best positioning the company within chosen market segments.
• In collaboration with Finance, develop the financial outlook for new product launches including volume, revenue and target customers.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales, or other related field required.
Graduate Degree MBA preferred.
Experience & Training
• Ten (10) years of related Marketing, Communications, Agency or Business experience, preferably in food industry.
• Minimum of seven (7) years working in a Marketing role; minimum of three (3) years in prior supervisory role.
• Experience with writing and design layout.
• Experience with international marketing programs preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong communication skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels, lead and motivate project teams typically comprised of participants from various internal and external organizations, including junior marketing and sales team members.
• Detail oriented and organized with ability to deliver results in a fast paced and ambiguous environment.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and/or assignments concurrently and complex in nature.
• Creative thinking and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to both analyze data/info and think/act strategically.
• Ability to travel 10-20% of the time.
• A mobile phone is required for this position.
Bachelors Degree or better in Business Administration or related field.
7 years: Minimum of seven (7) years working in a Marketing role; minimum of three (3) years in prior supervisory role.
10 years: Ten (10) years of related Marketing, Communications, Agency or Business experience, preferably in food industry.