With more than 80 years of crafting “The Finest Italian Cheeses That Money Can Buy”, Grande is a leader in the industry! Whether partnering with independent pizzerias from coast-to-coast to ensure they’re delivering the very best pizza to their customers or assisting our food manufacturing partners in delivering specialty whey ingredient solutions, our commitment to quality can’t be matched. While Grande’s reputation of excellence in the market is important, we believe our commitment to our workplace and community culture is of equal merit – our Associates come first at Grande. To complement our industry-leading benefits, Grande puts an emphasis on your career growth opportunities, while always promoting a positive work/life balance and supporting the communities in which we live and work. If you want to learn more about our company – what we do and how we go about it – or learn more about our beautiful, state-of-the-art corporate headquarters, visit www.grande.com.
Did we convince you yet? If not check out our unique benefits
- Free onsite clinics.
- Free onsite fitness center.
- Free healthy snacks throughout facility.
- Health and wellness reimbursement program.
- Associate cheese purchasing program.
- Two-year mentorship program.
- Relaxation rooms (based on location).
- Coffee and gelato bar (based on location).
- State of the art corporate building: https://www.grande.com/careers/#office
- Hybrid work offering.
Why Fond du Lac?
In Fond du Lac (FDL) you get the full four-season experience – warm in the summer with highs reaching into the 80s and plenty of sunshine for golf, biking, camping and live music under the open sky, and brisk air in the winter with average temps in the 20s and ample snow for snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, ice fishing and winter festivals. The greater FDL area (population 43,000) is easy to get around and roughly an hour drive to almost all major metros in the state (Milwaukee, Madison and Fox Cities/Green Bay). We’ve been rated “Top 100” in job growth among small U.S. metro areas. Additionally, our cost of living is 4% below the national average and you’ll pay 21% less for housing, rent and property taxes compared to the rest of the country. From wonderful educational partners (public and private K12 schools and three local colleges/universities), a plethora of things to do/see, and a vibrant business and commerce community…learn more about how you can call Fond du Lac, HOME!
Develop process designs for Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) efforts on all Cheese, whey and NPD projects. Develop the process design standards and ensure that they are followed in the process design review efforts for all projects through each stage gate. Update and develop process design standards and methods to ensure robust design development and reviews. Drive innovative solutions and designs that improve quality, reduce variation, and minimize risk. Mentor other Associates and provide technical expertise for multiple key processes throughout the organization.
Possesses highly advanced knowledge and specialized understanding of professional engineering concepts, principles, practices and procedures. Recognized as an expert within the organization and within the field. Independently performs a variety of unique and highly complex engineering projects/initiatives that impact the business on a large scale. Operates under little supervision and receives guidance only in the most complex situations. Contributes thought leadership and innovation that influences change and advancement of the industry. Provides expertise in conceptual design and construction implementation of highly complex systems. Anticipates challenges and recommends improvements and solutions for complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. Makes critical contributions to managing and solving highly complex and/or large technical challenges using broad perspectives to identify solutions. Contributes to development of functional strategy and important organizational decisions.
Provides management and leadership for the continuous improvement and optimization of the manufacturing processes and innovative design concepts to provide best value for the investment. Provides consultation and advises on best practices for plant design, process equipment, tools, techniques, and regulations/codes. Designs, develops and implements new products, processes, test methods, and equipment. Provides technical expertise on components, methods, systems and equipment. Leads engineering studies for process improvements and validations. Develops physical and functional test requirements to ensure specifications and regulations are met. Leads and directs cross-functional teams and serves as a resource for best practices.
What you need to be considered for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in a related engineering field required (May waive in lieu of experience).
- Advanced knowledge in mathematical concepts such as fractions, ratios, value analysis, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, fundamentals of pump design, to resolve engineering designs and problems.
- Experience working with food processing facility and design.
- Adept project management skills with demonstration of experience in a variety of complex projects.
- Knowledge of USDA, FDA, OSHA and environmental regulations, codes, and standards.
- Highly skilled in troubleshooting, diagnosing problems and recommending improvements.
- Strong planning and prioritization skills, innovation, multi-tasking, goal setting, analytical skills, adaptable, continuously looking to raise the bar for progress.
- Ability to understand, influence, drive, and negotiate with internal and external customers.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Advanced PC skills including Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and Engineering and design software.