Senior Sales Compensation Consultant
Apply Job ID 25066 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023
The Senior Sales Compensation Consultant is responsible for sales incentive compensation strategy, execution and process improvement. You will act as a business partner to the sales leadership team deploying sales compensation programs that are aligned to strategy and drive growth. The role is pivotal in implementing best practices across various sales teams. The role will also provide analytical support focused on understanding sales compensation program performance insight. The role will further support projects that are focused on developing and refining the sales compensation strategy of the sales organization through the use of analytics.
- Work collaboratively across the sales operations, finance, sales teams to build strategic sales programs, compensation plans and incentive structures that drive successful achievement of business objectives.
- Own ensuring that sales programs, compensation plans and incentive structures are operational and driving the right behaviors.
- Provides subject matter expertise and a high level of internal consulting support to sales management on a variety of sales compensation issues.
- Act as a change agent to ensure new sales compensation programs are effectively implemented and communicated to necessary parties.
- Collaboration with sales operation team to manage data sources that support sales compensation plan designs to ensure data and audit accuracy, as well as assist with sales performance dashboarding to communicate performance to plan
- Preparing and collaborating with Sales Operations and Finance for accurate and on time commissioning processing and distributing out regular commission statements and attainment analyses for leadership.
- Prepare periodic accrual and payout calculations for the Finance organization.
- Demonstrates spirit of innovation and continuous improvement; research, suggest, and test improvements to sales compensation processes, including the use of new tools, technologies and/or ways of working.
- Assist in the development of metrics and reports to manage sales compensation program performance across the sales organization.
- 3-5 years of experience in sales compensation design and execution with in-depth understanding of sales compensation practices, required
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to work with large, complex datasets within Excel and provide insights. Knowledge of BI tools such as Tableau a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work independently and take initiative while also being a team member.
- Consistent track record in cross-functional collaboration, establishing relationships and driving successful outcomes in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Exhibits sound business judgment, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership and leading data-driven analyses to support and grow a business