Fond du Lac
Service Technician – Northeast & Northcentral U.S. M/F
This position is responsible to provide various demonstration and service requirements on company and Non-Fives manufactured equipment in various locations under general instructions.
Scope and Responsibilities:
Essential duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Install, demonstrate, qualify, repair, or alter independently Fives machines (mechanically, electrically, and CNC) or associated equipment in customer’s facilities. Perform these duties following verbal or written instructions given by Tech Support, Service Coordinator or Service Manager, or using information contained in drawings, service documentation, or other user documentation.
· Operate machines and associated equipment in customer’s facilities to demonstrate or qualify equipment, or observes qualification runs conducted by customer personnel. Assure that the machine accuracy and quality are in accordance with specifications.
· Notify Tech Support or Service Coordinator when deviations from specifications occur, or when problems are encountered. Write complete service reports in accordance with procedures.
· Instruct customer’s personnel to operate, maintain and/or repair machines and equipment, emphasizing necessary safety precautions. Notify customer of any unsafe operating practices observed.
· Provide input for the improvement and development of company products.
· Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
· Has the ability to work overtime and/or work on “off-shifts” as required by business needs.
· Has the ability to work with and interact with other people on a routine basis.
· “On the road” a majority of time visiting customers and/or vendors, both nationally and internationally.
Education and Experiences
· Associate’s degree (A.A) or equivalent; two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience.
· Valid Driver’s License, Ability to obtain a passport and credit card.
· May have to read and understand international print symbols.
· Ability to use general hand tools
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
· A positive attitude, clean and neat appearance, and a willingness to converse in a positive, interactive way and a commitment to the highest quality of work must always be maintained in order that the Service function serves its customers effectively and efficiently, and as a sales tool for the Company’s products and supports the Company’s image of a quality supplier.