Fond du Lac
BASIC FUNCTION Under the direction of the Warehouse Supervisors/Leads, the Shipping Associate 1 packs and loads products and materials to be shipped by common carrier, contract carrier, or other delivery services and performs the final inspection process to ensure all shipments are accurate and shipped in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Operate power tools safely to pack, crate, or blanket wrap materials for shipment in accordance with the order picklist.
- Perform accurate quality and quantity checks on all outgoing orders to ensure orders shipped are complete, accurate, and undamaged. Mark the product with identification numbers according to departmental procedures.
- Show initiative and demonstrated ability to accurately complete assigned tasks and special projects as assigned while maintaining budgeted work hours assigned to projects, providing internal customers with high quality, well-labeled/identified project component pieces
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Perform accurate inventory transfers utilizing the scan guns and identify product I.D. sticker on tag and fill out and consistently follow proper procedures for issuing stock materials.
- Use a tape measure and apply measurements to processes. Package goods for small parcel/common carrier shipments with the necessary paperwork.
List education (required and preferred), experience (required and preferred), and if relevant, include size of budget or P&L, number of direct and indirect reports, or other quantitative data pertinent to this job. Preferred high school diploma or equivalent. No experience is required at this level, but previous experience is helpful.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to prepare forms, reports, and routine correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with employees within the organization as well as with vendors. Ability to read and interpret documents such as shipping reports, bills of lading, invoices, ship lists, and other related documents.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute percent.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Requires the ability to obtain a forklift operator’s license.
- OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as a computer and the job-related software, a keyboard, calculator, telephone, photocopier, etc. Also requires the ability to operate a forklift truck as well as a variety of power, air and hand tools, shrink wrapper.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift 50 lbs. to 100 lbs. This is occasionally required with mechanical assistance or co-worker assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.