Location: Waupun, WI, US
SALARY LEVEL: Hourly DIVISION: Tenneco
SHIFT: All Shifts DEPARTMENT: Indirect
REPORTS TO: Shipping Supervisor LOCATION: Waupun, WI
SUMMARY: Verifies and keeps records on outgoing and incoming products and shipments. Retrieves product and prepares items for shipment for the facility by performing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and Tenneco standards are met.
- Complies with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adheres to the facility’s quality, environmental, health and safety policies that are identified by our management systems.
- Compares product identifying information for counts, weights and/or measures for items to be shipped. Verifies and enters information for bills of lading, invoices, orders, SAP and other records.
- Reads routers, production schedules, purchase orders, and shipping schedules for product specifications such as parts to be shipped, to location and when. Reads special instructions as required. Records information for inspection and production using various forms, logs and computer systems. Ensures appropriate and timely communication between departments and shifts.
- Monitors product specifications using but not limited to the following types of inspection equipment: scales, check off sheets and visual aids.
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper settings, and other controls are in conformance to specification by using established standards.
- Operates overhead hoists, forklift trucks, hand jacks and shrink wrap machine.
- Ability to drive forklifts and achieves certification to drive forklift.
- Operates tier lift truck and uses hand jacks to move, convey or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work areas and/or transportation vehicles.
- Loads and unloads various types of containers, which include but are not limited to pans, bins, baskets and trays.
- Determines methods of shipment per customer requirements VIA LTL, small parcel, expedite, air freight or ocean freight.
- Create labels for all shipment either from labelview, excel, word or labels sent from customers that are required for shipments.
- Create all documents that are required to ship freight VIA LTL, small parcel, expedite, air freight or ocean freight, per customer requirements. Create packing slips, commercial invoices, Shipper Letter of Instruction, Bill of Ladings and any other paperwork required to get the freight to its destination the most effective method.
- Create ASN after shipments have departed from Tenneco. ASN sent VIA SAP or using ICONNECT (Third Party ASN transmitter) or sending ASN’s on the customers web site. Checking customers web sites to ensure ASN’s have been successfully transmitted and using SEEBURGER to show all EDI’s were transmitted correct.
- Keep close inventory of all containers, keeping track of container on customers web sites along with an excel spread sheet updated daily. When inventory is low or to high contact the custom with a phone call or email.
- Determines method of shipment, creates labels from label view, packing slips, ASN, Bill of lading. Prints and affixes shipping and bar code labels on packed cartons, or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons.
- Assembles containers or selects pre-assembled containers for shipments. Prepares shipments by banding and shrink wrapping product.
- Examines outbound shipments to ensure shipments meet customer specification.
- Maintains shipping inventory along with supplies and shipping materials.
- Utilizes data to determine conforming product. Analyzes and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in determining cause of failure.
- Troubleshoots and performs appropriate maintenance of the equipment by observation and general cleaning.
- Overtime is required as posted weekly, and may be mandated for this position.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Shipping Supervisor when absent.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Minimum of one year related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates and ratios. Knowledge of metric system.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES;
Operator must be highly motivated with ability to work independently, yet be an effective team player. Operator must have above average mechanical ability.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear. The employee is required to walk and climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Hearing protection, safety glasses and steel toe shoes are required.