As the Walsworth – Ripon Shipping & Receiving Supervisor, you will supervise the Shipping & Receiving Department, Baling Room & Recycling Program.
- Schedule and coordinate operations for the entire shipping department
- Maintain records and logs for shipping department.
- Maintain liaison between shipping department and the sales team.
- Direct warehouse personnel as to location and transfer of product in process
- Maintain inventory and disposition of stored goods.
- Direct and train personnel on all shifts regarding proper scrap handling and separation of stock
- Monitor power lift operation and conduct formal training for recommended employees as to qualified licensed operators.
- Assist scheduling department by ensuring product is at the respective presses/binders in accordance with daily schedule.
- Work with shipping company representatives regarding updated programs and procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to remain organized and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to interface with a variety of individuals or groups on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work with limited direction and supervision, while demonstrating good judgment and strict confidence.
- Ability to learn computer applications as necessary for the position.
- Must successfully complete any training or certification courses required to support or strengthen position.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow verbal and written instructions, work procedures and other related materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong customer service skills.
- Must communicate appropriate information accurately and clearly as needed.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Required to sit, stand or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects or use controls, tools or equipment.
- May require the ability to use a keyboard and other office equipment.
- May require specific vision abilities that include close vision.
- May be required to perform concentrated work for extended periods of time.
- May be required to lift, carry or exert items or objects of reasonable weight.
- May be required to perform duties beyond standard business hours.
- High School Diploma and four years experience in Shipping & Receiving operations.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from Walsworth – Ripon location
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check