Fond du Lac
WE ARE LEADERS. WE ARE INNOVATORS.
WE ARE WABASH.
Wabash is more than a place to work. It is a place to contribute your talents, taking pride in being part of a team that is changing how the world reaches you. Each employee is a valued team member, empowered to carry forward the legacy of innovation that jumpstarted the company over 35 years ago.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of a team that is shaping the future, take a closer look at Wabash. We look for strong, stand-out recruits with the desire to elevate our organization and make it the best it can be — for our employees, our customers and our community.
The SIOP Specialist is responsible for creating production routings for customer specified trailer manufacturing. They are responsible for planning and executing the activities associated with detailed construction, analysis, and use of the Variant Configurators for Platforms and Tank Trailers. They also confirm the material master requirements, BOMs in SAP. This role works with engineering and uses VC information to develop routings and train manufacturing personnel to produce a broad range of product variants. The individual in this role will plan routers for capacity and capability requirements and ensure we have the internal resources necessary to meet customer demands. They will support planning activities in SAP to ensure targets are met while optimizing manufacturing efficiency, inventory levels and cost.
- Create and maintain production routings using the Variant Configurator data within the SAP environment and the impacts of data elements on all enterprise systems.
- Perform integration testing of variant configuration models to ensure business requirements are met and defined bills of materials and routings are accurate.
- Assist in development and validation of training materials required for new models being released in the VC
- Maintain integrity of the SAP Variant Configuration (VC) models and resulting routings, including, business rules, object dependencies, VC and non-VC tables, classification hierarchies, material variants, BOMs, routings, variant conditions in support of global reporting, governance, and management of VC products in SAP system.
- Support planning to develop systems, processes, and tools to improve routing creation and capture and visualize constraints and production projections
- Facilitate and/or participate in business process improvement in support of continuous improvement
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or in lieu of degree, 3+ years of experience in Tank and/or Platform Trailer manufacturing environment with knowledge of tank or platform trailer manufacturing processes, and the ERP manufacturing routings, Bills of Materials (BOMs), Material Master and/or Variant Configurators used to produce Tank Trailers.
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years of experience with Routings, Bills of Materials and Materials Master. Experience with Variant Configurators (VC) is preferred.
- Understands operations and engineering processes to optimize product setup, product maintenance, production planning, and build processes within SAP VC.
- Prior experience building capacity/forecasting models and plans is preferred
- Strong analytical and project management skills, problem solving and takes initiative to identify, explore and tackle problems methodically and with a continuous improvement mindset
- Strong ERP/IT systems knowledge and skills including SAP or similar, advanced Excel skills and the ability to learn new software packages such as SAP Variant Configurator and Power BI
- Strong communication and collaboration skills both verbally and written are required
- APICS, CPIM, CPSM, or CPF certification preferred