Improving America’s infrastructure isn’t for the weak. It takes grit, determination, and hard work to execute high impact projects. Michels Corporation engages 8,000 people and 18,000 pieces of heavy equipment in our insatiable drive to be the best. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career as a Small Equipment / Light Construction Equipment Mechanic can change yours.
As a Small Equipment / Light Construction Equipment Mechanic, your key responsibilities will be responsible for performing mechanical and diagnostic repair on small engines and small equipment as a team member or alone. Critical for success is strong attention to detail.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including Health, Dental, Life, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Account, Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) plan, Legal Plan, and Identity Theft and Monitoring Plan. Depending on your positions and location you may participate in a different benefit plan.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You bring a positive work attitude everyday
- You pride yourself on your adaptability and problem solving skills
WHAT IT TAKES:
- 2-5 years mechanical / electrical repair experience on a variety of multi-fuel agriculture/ construction equipment
- Computer proficiency
- Completion of diesel mechanic or industrial technical program (preferred)