Under the general supervision of the Director of Social Emotional Learning, this position
provides services for youth who need additional social and emotional support and
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Ensure programs, services and activities that prepare youth for success, promoting
safety of members and quality in programs at all times. Provide guidance and
role modeling to members. Educate, promote and develop social emotional skills
and develop student success plans.
- Work with youth in one-on-one and small groups on a consistent basis by
employing evidence-based practices that are culturally responsive and traumainformed
- Provide individual/family/school crisis intervention
- Help with conflict resolution
- Provide consultation to and work in collaboration with directors and day school
personnel to aid in a student’s success both during the school day and afterschool
- Assist Director of SEL in the development and implementation of SEL
- Maintain thorough client records.
- Ensure quality improvement by monitoring and evaluating program
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts/activities and organization
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Oversee and/or participate in special programs and events.
- Submit accurate written reports for B&GC, School District, or other grant
- Assist in or handle special assignments or other duties as deemed necessary or
important by supervisor.
- Drive Club van.
Maintain close daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members,
and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain
guidelines/instructions; instruct and advise/counsel.
Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or a related field
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects; good interpersonal
abilities-able to interact effectively with co-workers of all levels as well as with
representation of other organizations and institutions. Ability to get along with diverse
personalities; tact, maturity, and flexibility; physical requirements include: sight, hearing,
sitting, standing, stooping, running, strenuous sports related activities, and lifting a
minimum of 50 lbs. Must be able to function under fast paced and noisy conditions.