Fond du Lac
|Software Engineer Intern – Summer 2024
|40 hours per week
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking a Software Engineer Intern for Summer 2024. Society’s interns work 40 hours per week throughout the summer and flexible scheduling opportunities are provided.
About the Role
- Writes software code, performs usability/functionality testing, and implements programs from user stories.
- Assists with developing appropriate programs and systems documentation.
- Supports and troubleshoots production systems as required to optimize performance, resolves production problems, and provides timely follow-up on issues.
- Provides support to team on process-improvement projects.
- Collaborates with team members to support the business objectives of the project.
- Attends and participates in scrum/agile ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog refinement, and Program Increment Planning as appropriate based on assigned agile project work.
- You are a great communicator and practice active listening.
- You are a self-starter and enjoy taking the initiative.
- You are quality-focused and take pride in your work.
What it Will Take
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
- Full-time junior or senior collegiate status.
What Society Can Offer Full-Time Employees
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.