Fond du Lac
Schedule Details/Additional Information:
Call Coverage at Aurora Medical Center Oshkosh Included:One weekday every other week (11pm-6:30am)Weekend call every 8th weekend:Friday 11pm- Saturday 7amSaturday 7pm- Sunday 7amSunday 7pm- Monday 6:30am
- Proficiently operates ultrasound equipment to perform general, vascular and/or cardiac procedures/studies. Accurately differentiates between normal and pathologic findings.
- Reviews patient’s medical record to obtain necessary clinical information including patient history, lab results, and physician orders, obtains necessary clinical information from patients, and compares requisitions to physicians’ orders to ensure exam accuracy.
- Positions patient and selects proper transducer and technical factors for accurate ultrasound procedures. Adjusts factors to attain the appropriate images. Ensures safety, mental and physical comfort of patient.
- Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images.
- Accurately identifies and labels images identifying patient name, medical record unit (MRU) number, and location or position of scan on all images.
- Maintains records in accordance with various regulatory agencies and enters patient and study information into the radiology information system, and documents billing codes of procedures performed to ensure accurate patient charges.
- Identifies equipment performance issues, communicates to appropriate staff, and evaluates new products and equipment for possible future use.
- Analyzes sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and medical history, and communicates findings to the appropriate physician.
- Serves as a technical resource, role model and/or preceptor for students and staff. Acts as a resource to staff at own facility and throughout the system.
- Participates in a quality improvement, patient safety or cost containment project/initiative either at a site, market or system level and in the achievement/maintenance of laboratory accreditation.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the department’s policies and procedures. Age-specific information is developed further in the departmental job standards.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Medical Sonographer (RDMS) registration with Abdomen issued by the American Registry of Diagnostic Med Sonography (ARDMS) needs to be obtained within 0 months unless department leader has determined it is not required, and
- Medical Sonographer (RDMS) registration with OB/GYN issued by the American Registry of Diagnostic Med Sonography (ARDMS) needs to be obtained within 0 months unless department leader has determined it is not required, and
- Vascular Technologist (RVT) registration issued by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) needs to be obtained within 0 months unless department leader has determined it is not required, or
- Vascular Sonography (VS) registration issued by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) needs to be obtained within 0 months unless department leader has determined it is not required, or
- Vascular Specialist (RVS) registration issued by the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) needs to be obtained within 0 months unless department leader has determined it is not required, and
- Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS-AE) registration with Adult Echo issued by the ARDMS needs to be obtained within 0 months unless department leader has determined it is not required, or
- Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) registration issued by the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) needs to be obtained within 0 months unless department leader has determined it is not required, and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) needs to be obtained within 6 months.
- Advanced training beyond High School that includes the completion of an accredited or approved program in Sonography.
- Typically requires 2 years of experience in a Sonographer role.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Proficiency in all general and/or vascular sonographic procedures routinely performed in the hiring department.
- Ability to use independent judgment to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings.
- Ability to work effectively with others towards common department goals. Actively and positively contributes to morale and teamwork.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients and caregivers using excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of aseptic techniques.
- Knowledge of and adherence to department, facility and organization policies and protocols.
- Ability to prioritize, work independently and manage simultaneous assignments.
- Ability to be flexible in schedule and adaptable to constant change.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, and twist throughout the workday.
- Must be able to:
- – lift up to 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
- – lift up to 20 lbs. over the head.
- – carry up to 40 lbs. a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- – push/pull with 30 lbs. of force.
- – perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs. with a second person present.
- Must have clear speech, vision and hearing.
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical, and radiation hazards as well as blood and body fluids; therefore, personal protective equipment must be worn as necessary.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.