Location: Waupun, WI, US
SUMMARY: Inspects, sorts and packages product to ensure quality requirements are achieved by performing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or ill health to themselves and others.
- Understand preventative measures and create a safe environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and report all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility’s quality, environmental, health and safety policies that are identified by our Management Systems.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow all safety rules and regulation while perform operations.
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Participate in training to produce a quality product and use preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and Tenneco standards are met.
- Reads routers for product specifications such as packaging instructions which includes the type of containers, quantities per container, label information and number of parts to be processed.
- Read special instructions as required. Record information for inspection using various forms, logs and computer systems.
- Read, complete and follow the identified requirements on suspects.
- Complete required scrap documentation and forms.
- Sort product using, but not limited to, the following types of inspection equipment: Plug gages, air gages, snap gages, Oasis, optical comparators, hand-held devices, ring gages, overall gages, CMM, Gauss meter, weight sorter, inspection standards, scales and visual aids.
- Operate hand jacks. Load and unload various types of containers, which in include but are not limited to bags, crates, bins, totes and boxes.
- Verification and setup of various digital-counting scales.
- Perform appropriate maintenance of the work area and equipment by observation, cleaning, and 5-S organization.
- Overtime is required as posted weekly and may be mandated for this position.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/management.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Minimum or one-year related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work instructions and general documents. Ability to write correspondence and communicate with others.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Knowledge of the metric system.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must be highly motivated with the ability to work independently, yet be an effective team player.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee is required to walk and climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Hearing protection, safety glasses and steel toe shoes are required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.