RB Royal, a family owned and operated manufacturing business located in Fond du Lac Wisconsin, is looking to hire a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer!
- Implementing, maintaining, and growing our Automation presence on the shop floor thru robotics and other operations strategy.
- SOP’s and training content for assigned departments.
- Leads engineering support for day-to-day production to improve throughput, assisting to maximize quality and reduce waste.
- Supports manufacturing and quality assurance through the development of engineered solutions and organized problem solving.
- Support and grow the practice of lean methodologies.
- Establishes error-proofing processes and procedures.
- Responsible for determining process improvements and developing cost justifications for additional equipment, tools, materials, etc. Provides annual savings of at least two times annual salary for general and Lean projects.
- Analyzes shop space requirements and workflow designs for layout of equipment for maximum workspace efficiency and for ergonomic and safety considerations.
- Responsible for successful new product launch to meet or exceed quoted rates.
- Creates PAP documents, including process flow charts and FMEA.
- Coaches and applies Lean principles to establish flow, balancing of work pull systems and reduction of waste throughout their area of responsibility.
- Owns all work centers in area of responsibility and works with internal support (maintenance, quality and others) to maintain and improve them.
- Determines tooling and/or fixturing needs. Works with suppliers and approves and installs tooling.
- Ownership for the purchase and installation of all replacement tooling along with managing tooling budgets to or below plan.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Skills Critical for Success
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or similar discipline from a four-year college or university plus extensive experience in a project engineering or manufacturing engineering position, and experience with AutoCAD. Basic understanding of machining processes. Familiarity with quality improvement and ISO requirements highly preferred.
Quality process knowledge to ensure correct application of the PPAP duties and full understanding of the ISO 9001 standard to ensure that the processes put in place to meet customer requirements also meet the standard
Strong mechanical abilities to allow the use of various pieces of machinery in order to make prototype product and to work with customers in order to fit up design pieces to satisfy needs.
Knowledge of sound engineering practices/techniques including the ability to work with customer design requirements and to make the best use of in-house processes to meet customer needs.
Basic design abilities to include familiarity with the RB Royal type of product (i.e., hose and tubes) and to be able to apply design techniques to produce correct drawings that accurately depict the customer desires and RB Royal processes.
What Sets RB Royal Apart
Industry-leading compensation and benefits package including two medical plan options, health savings account with company match, flexible spending account, dental, vision, 401K with company match, and company provided life and disability insurance.
Paid holidays and vacation.
A world-class work environment with potential for long-term growth and advancement, paid professional memberships and professional activities (conferences & workshops) and a tuition and certification reimbursement program.
Exceptional company culture that encourages innovation and empowers team members to act as leaders by providing the opportunities, training, and tools critical to achieving a successful and meaningful career.
Strong communication from executive management, including interactive quarterly discussions on strategic progress.
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
RB Royal Industries, Inc.
1350 South Hickory Street
Fond du Lac, WI 54936