Fond du Lac
Grande Cheese Company is a family owned enterprise built on a tradition, quality and outstanding performance. We are dedicated to our cultural pride, professional excellence and to the dignity and respect of our Associates.
Plan, organize, monitor, and oversee one or more projects to meet the defined requirements or business specifications. This role will have primary responsibility for defining, planning, tracking, and managing the strategic project and providing the direction required to meet project objectives. They also ensure appropriate management, customer, and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Project Portfolio Management
a. Determine project goals and priorities with Program Manager, Project Sponsor, and/or Project Stakeholders
b. Support requirements of the enterprise program manager to provide necessary information and support for successful program delivery
c. May be responsible for one or more projects
d. Consult on team member selection
e. Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their functional managers
f. Co-create a project charter with the team and key stakeholders, including the definition of project success criteria
g. Obtain project charter approval from the sponsor and stakeholders in order to formalize authority, gain commitment, and define project acceptance
h. Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members
i. Effectively coordinate the activities of the team to meet project milestones
j. When required, compile a complete and accurate cost estimate of the project, using design allowance and contingency appropriately
k. With project team members, prepare project plan and obtain Project Sponsor and/or Project Stakeholders approval
l. Analyze risks, establish contingency plans, and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating mitigation action
m. Analyze the actual project performance against the plan and adjust consistent with project objectives
n. Manage change to preserve business plan commitments; initiate stakeholder review if objectives must change
o. Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities
p. Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path within individual projects and across multiple projects
q. Resolve conflict and interface problems within the project
r. Escalate issues to management when necessary and advocate for responsible solutions to project problems
s. Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting, estimate to actual variance, capital project management, etc.
t. Oversee project documentation and updates; analyze lessons learned and share with other project managers / program managers
u. Analyze original estimate against actuals, and understand the factors that contributed to any variance
v. Effectively coordinate the activities of the team to meet project milestones
w. Ensure consistency with corporate vision, direction, policies, and guidelines
2. Additional Responsibilities
a. Travel as required, expected to be approximately 15% of the time
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that maybe assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelors Degree in Operations, Engineering, Business or other related field required.
Experience & Training
• A minimum of five (5) years of work experience in a project management related role required.
• Demonstrated experience managing large-scale, multi-functional projects.
• Dairy/food industry experience preferred.
• Proficiency in relevant computer applications.
• Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams within formalized methodology.
Licenses & Certifications
• Project Management Institute (PMI) certification preferred and active participation in PMI or a project management organization highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Understanding of the strategic and operational issues of the program /project or business unit
• Ability to train, mentor, and develop project team members in project management methodologies and their application
• Liaison and consultative skills; negotiation skills within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests
• Presentation and written communication skills
• Ability to advise on complex matters to nonspecialists
• Demonstrated ability in managing internal customer expectations on program requirements and delivery
• Highly developed business acumen
• Skilled at requirement analysis and management
• Strong writing, mentoring, negotiation, communication, and meeting facilitation skills
• Strong integration skills; ability to coordinate all aspects of a project or program
• Strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Bachelors Degree or better in Operations Management.