The City of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, is a beautiful and thriving community of 44,678 located at the foot of Lake Winnebago. Fond du Lac is a great place to live and work and its recreational opportunities are second-to-none. In addition, Fond du Lac is only an hour away from Green Bay, Milwaukee, and Madison and all those communities have to offer.
We offer opportunities to make a positive impact on the local community as well as a flexible working environment and future promotional opportunities in alignment with succession and career path.
We are seeking qualified candidates that enjoy working outside for the essential position of Street Maintenance Worker within the Construction & Maintenance Division.
Qualifications and/or knowledge and willingness to learn the following include:
• Using concrete, asphalt and aggregates to repair streets
• Rebuild and repair Storm water and Sanitary infrastructure
• Participate in annual leaf collection program
• Plow, salt, load, and haul snow
• Haul and dump refuse
• Routine vehicle maintenance; i.e. check oil, tire pressure, battery
• Maneuver equipment trailer behind a dump truck
• Possession of a valid Wisconsin Commercial “Class A” Driver’s License without air brake restrictions and with tanker endorsement within 90 days of hire (in-house training available).
Desirable Training and Experience:
• Prior experience in landscape, construction or agricultural operations
BENEFITS: We offer a comprehensive benefit package including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; long-term disability; 457 and Roth retirement plans; and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System. This continues to be one of the best-funded public employee retirement systems in the country. The financial strength of the WRS is attributable to its unique plan design, funding discipline, strong governance, and the effective investment strategies of the State of Wisconsin Investment Board. Relocation and Educational Assistance is also available. https://www.fdl.wi.gov/hr/employee-resources/benefits/
PAID TIME OFF: We offer a generous paid time off package including compensatory time in lieu of overtime, 9 standard holidays, 5 floating holidays, sick leave (8 hours/month); and vacation schedule based on previous career and field experience.
SALARY RANGE: We offer a competitive compensation package ($20.61 – $26.50/hour) based upon knowledge, skills, and abilities with potential to receive additional step increases based on meeting and/or exceeding goals/expectations; annual COLA and step increases pending City Council approval of budgets; and future promotional opportunities in alignment with succession and career path.
Open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer