Job ID: R35016
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Location: 210 Wisconsin American Dr., Fond Du Lac, WI 54937
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hours Per Week: 40
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of non-physician staff, ensuring a high level of productivity. Continuously monitors the functioning of the medical group and revises operational procedures as necessary.
- Oversee all functions of the medical group including reception and scheduling activities, patient service areas, accounting, medical records, transcription, business information systems, and appropriate clinical areas. Establishes effective policies and procedures for each area, updating as necessary.
- Schedules non-physician staff ensuring that staff is appropriately deployed among offices.
- Functions as a liaison between non-physician staff and physicians to ensure effective service for patients.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with group physicians.
- Oversees the day-to-day processing of accounts payable by preparing payment requests, obtaining proper authorization and ensuring that payments are made on a timely basis.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which includes coaching on performance, completes performance reviews and overall staff morale. Recommends hiring, compensation changes, promotions, corrective action decisions, and terminations.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to the organization’s Code of Ethical Conduct and for ensuring that personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the organization’s business.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- None Required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Health Care Administration or related field.
- Typically requires 3 years of experience in a similar medical practice setting which should include a thorough knowledge of physician billing, accounting and general medical office procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Basic knowledge of medical procedures normally associated with a clinic setting.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including problem solving, decision making, prioritization, team building, customer service, and conflict resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully and positively interact with physicians and employees at all levels throughout the organization and the public.
- Intermediate computer skills including experience in using computer applications in a medical practice setting.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, walk, and stand throughout each day.
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Operations at Advocate Aurora
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.