Fond du Lac
Schedule Details/Additional Information:
General business hours between 8 am – 5 pm daily. Flexibility required as may need to adjust hours earlier or later to attend meetings and/or provide support to the department.
- Assumes responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the department including providing work direction, expertise, and guidance to the staff. Oversees the clinical laboratory testing, evaluation of results, and the proficiency of testing.
- Ensures quality, regulatory, accreditation, compliance and competency standards are met. Ensures compliance with current policies, procedures, and standardization and/or consolidation decisions.
- Conducts staff meetings and addresses employee concerns and suggestions and customer service issues. Participates in appropriate projects and committees.
- Coordinates orientation, training, and competency testing of staff and/or students.
- Serves as a resource for internal and external clients as they pertain to the laboratory. Serves as the primary communication link between the department and the manager.
- Assists the manager in the development, implementation, and improvement of laboratory policies, procedures, and processes.
- Complies with the quality plan by implementing and monitoring quality indicators. Reviews laboratory results for quality, accuracy and validity. Documents and implements corrective action as appropriate.
- Establishes, maintains, and reviews the preventative maintenance of all laboratory equipment and directs corrective action. Maintains current knowledge of the integrated computer systems as they relate to the laboratory.
- Serves as a technical resource for staff, and performs, evaluates, and monitors clinical laboratory testing of biological specimens as needed.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which includes coaching on performance, completes performance reviews and overall staff morale. Recommends hiring, compensation changes, promotions, corrective action decisions, and terminations.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to the organization’s Code of Ethical Conduct and for ensuring that personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations, and laws applicable to the organization’s business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or related Science
- Typically requires 3 years of experience in clinical laboratory testing and providing laboratory services, with experience as a lead or senior level staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Leadership experience should include coordination of staff scheduling, workflow, and multiple laboratory functions.
- Must have familiarity with supply ordering and inventory practices.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task many projects simultaneously.
- Proficient computer skills including experience using Microsoft Office applications or similar products.
Lab at Advocate Aurora
Aurora Health Care is the largest health system in Wisconsin and a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. The state’s largest private employer, the system serves patients across 17 hospitals, more than 70 pharmacies and more than 150 sites of care. Aurora Health Care, in addition to Advocate Health Care in Illinois and Atrium Health in the Carolinas, Georgia and Alabama, is now part of Advocate Health, the third-largest nonprofit, integrated health system in the United States. Committed to providing equitable care for all, Advocate Health provides nearly $5 billion in annual community benefits.