The Supplier Quality Engineer position is accountable for the coordination of obtaining design/process compatibility on existing parts and products. Functioning as a key member of multiple functional teams determining the capability of existing and new suppliers. This position reports directly into the Quality Leader.
- Initiates and leads technical reviews of supplied parts and the supplier’s quality management system (QMS).
- Determines and proposes statistical process controls for appropriate suppliers’ processes.
- SQE is responsible for tracking resolutions of supplier quality/productivity top issues.
- Determination of inspection/test equipment required to assess the conformance to specifications.
- Supervises quality process control and audit personnel as assigned.
- Maintains quality documentation at test and audit to engineering specifications.
- The Supplier Quality Engineer supports the effort of new design introduction.
- Member of the process review team, helping Product Engineering introduce purchased and manufactured components.
- Provides reject and warranty data to management team for analysis.
- BS degree in Engineering, Quality or Manufacturing discipline desired.
- Certification as an ASQ Quality Engineer preferred.
- Background in QMS management in a certified ISO or IATF organization.
- Functional knowledge of statistical concepts as applied to the field of Quality Assurance.
- Experience in a project team environment is beneficial.
- Experience in the quality management methods defined by the Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG).
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated strong computer skills in Microsoft applications.
- Problem solving ability, effective communication skills and diplomacy required.
- Blueprint reading and ability to interpret standards such as ASTM.
- Experience evaluating supplier’s quality systems and ability to facilitate process improvements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.