Fond du Lac
Grande Cheese Company is a family owned enterprise built on a tradition, quality and outstanding performance. We are dedicated to our cultural pride, professional excellence and to the dignity and respect of our Associates.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assist with development and execution of analytical projects resulting in recommendations for improvement and cost savings.
2. Assist and support the corporate SCM team with tasks and projects that may involve creating purchase orders, consolidating, or validating data and suppliers, collecting supplier documentation, gathering KPIs for supplier scorecards and reviews, generating BI reports, updating risk assessment documents, participating in supplier visits or audits, etc.
3. Learn ERP software
4. Exposure to SCM Cross Functional Departments (Purchasing, Distribution, Customer Service, and SCM Systems)
5. Spend 2 weeks at our Distribution Center to gain exposure to daily operations and assisting with key roles in Warehousing and Logistics
6. Shadow with Facility Buyer I with focus on MRO spend and Facility Services
7. Shadow with SCM Systems, Planning and Customer Service to understanding their key roles are as part of the supply chain
8. Participate in internship activities and programs
9. Prepare and present end of internship presentation
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that maybe assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
Junior/Senior status pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or other related field
Experience & Training
• Involvement in campus organizations
• Non-class related volunteer involvement
• Off campus employment
• Demonstrated leadership
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Proficient with MS Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Effective analytical and communications skills
• Basic statistics knowledge
High School Diploma or better.
Some college or better in Supply Chain & Ops Mgmt.