Fond du Lac
Schedule Details/Additional Information:
Monday – Friday, approximately 7:30am – 4pm
- Coordinates scheduling of surgical procedures between physicians and their offices, available OR specialty time, anesthesia, and other departments as necessary (i.e., X-ray, MRI, CT, etc.). Coordinates and communicates changes to existing schedule with appropriate departments/staff and makes adjustments to ensure maximum utilization of rooms and equipment.
- Schedules next day and beyond surgical procedures. Maintains and updates surgery assignments. Prints and distributes future OR schedules to all appropriate areas. Notifies providers with schedule changes and additions.
- Obtains necessary lab work, x-rays, H&P (History & Physical) as applicable.
- Processes patient charges and calculates based on procedure type, length of procedure, and supplies used. Reviews revenue to ensure charges are entered for every patient. Runs reports and verifies correct entry of codes and updates charges if errors are made.
- Answers, screens, triages, prioritizes, and determines urgency of incoming calls. Acts as a resource to providers, staff, patients and families.
- Operates and troubleshoots office equipment, arranges for maintenance repairs as necessary. May maintain inventory of office supplies, and complete and submit supply orders to replenish stock.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- None Required.
- High School Graduate.
- Typically requires 1 year of experience in a health care setting performing customer service functions that may include experiences in scheduling, registration, insurance authorization and/or patient billing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with medical terminology. Basic knowledge of medical insurance plan terminology.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a variety of patients, staff and physicians. Able to read and understand verbal and written instructions.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and short deadlines.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills including experience in using Microsoft Office or similar applications, and electronic mail.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit approximately 90% of the workday.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs. occasionally.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Exposed to a fast-paced, high noise-level office environment.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Aurora Health Care is the largest health system in Wisconsin and a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. The state’s largest private employer, the system serves patients across 17 hospitals, more than 70 pharmacies and more than 150 sites of care. Aurora Health Care, in addition to Advocate Health Care in Illinois and Atrium Health in the Carolinas, Georgia and Alabama, is now part of Advocate Health, the third-largest nonprofit, integrated health system in the United States. Committed to providing equitable care for all, Advocate Health provides nearly $5 billion in annual community benefits.