Fond du Lac
It’s more than a career, it’s a callingWI-St. Agnes Hospital
St. Agnes Hospital in Fond Du Lac is searching for a Surgical Technologist to join our team! This department provides coverage for 6 operating rooms as well as coverage for Cesarian Sections in OB.
This is a PRN position. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of two years of experience as a surgical technician.
Job Summary:Performs patient care activities as assigned to assist the registered nurse or physician.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Anticipates and plans individualized care for the patient based on advanced knowledge of the surgical case and anticipates unexpected patient and surgeon needs.
- Assists surgical cases by running the table and assisting the surgeon at an expert level on all types of specialty cases utilizing the principles of surgical asepsis, infection control, universal precautions and life safety.
- Maintains an orderly and organized work environment and takes responsibility for the maintenance and care of all specialty equipment and assists the team to meet both quality and efficiency outcomes.
- Prioritizes effectively, implements high level problem solving skills and performs in a coordinated manner when delivering care in high stress environments.
- Demonstrates expertise in the operation and function of all instrumentation and equipment for all cases in specialty area.
- Maintains all specialty instrument sets, demonstrating understanding of appropriate sterilization methods and acts as a resource and mentor to non-specialty staff on specialty equipment and instrumentation.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years’ surgical technician experience, with one year in a related specialty
- Constant use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Constant use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Constant lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Frequent lifting/moving patients.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Frequent use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing over 50 lbs.
- Occasional use of clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Occasional use of sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Rare kneeling.
Licenses / Certifications: Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) – American Heart Association (AHA), FUTURE – Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) within 90 days – American Heart Association (AHA)
Work Shift: PRN / Per Diem Shift (United States of America)
Job Type: Employee
Department: 4403000038 SURGERY
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.