$10,000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!*
SSM Health is looking for Surgical Technologists to join our OR team! Full time, benefit eligible positions are available at St. Agnes Hospital in Fond du Lac, Ripon Memorial Hospital in Ripon, WI and Waupun Memorial Hospital in Waupun, WI.
Shifts are primarily Monday – Friday day shifts with 1x week overnight on call shifts. An on-call weekend rotation (every 6th weekend) is required. On call differentials are available! Relocation bonus may also be available for qualified candidates.
* Sign on bonuses are for external qualified candidates in full time roles. Internal candidates, please check with your recruiter to see what options are available for you.
Responsible for the provision of patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary for the care of patients and the maintenance of the Operating Room under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Sets up Operating Room with needed items for patient care; gathers supplies, x-rays, instruments, etc., for cases; handles instruments during procedures. Communicates information to the RN regarding patients.
- Practices and implements the technical components of patient care under the supervision of a RN.
- Collaborates with the RN and other healthcare professionals. to implement a plan of care that incorporates physician preferences, nursing assessments and diagnostic data in a manner that is prioritized, timely, and integrated with the plan of care.
- Prepares equipment, supply and resource needs based on an individualized plan of care. Re-evaluates and modifies resource needs as needed.
- Communicates accurate and timely information to the Registered Nurse regarding patients in their care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to perform all aspects of a variety of surgical procedures. Maintains knowledge and skills to properly operate all surgical equipment and instruments. Utilizes appropriate aseptic technique when handling supplies, instruments, and equipment.
- Follows laboratory policy and procedure to correctly handle and label all laboratory specimens.
- Documents quality controls thoroughly and accurately according to unit specific standards.
- Demonstrates competence in problem solving, conflict resolution, and team building. Serves as a resource to other team members.
- Organizes and utilizes time efficiently. Demonstrates appropriate prioritization. Maintains an organized work environment.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Either prior OR experience or graduation from an approved surgical technician program
- Constant use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Constant use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Constant lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Frequent lifting/moving patients.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Frequent use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing over 50 lbs.
- Occasional use of clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Occasional use of sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Rare kneeling.