It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Communicate and coordinate with management, stakeholders, customers and employees to address sustainability activities and targets over the four pillars of Energy, Environment, Product and People. Enact Mercury Marine’s corporate sustainability strategy.
The Sustainability Managers role is to further advance sustainability practices into Mercury strategy, operations and culture.
This person assists Mercury Senior Management in fulfilling their oversight responsibilities with respect to the company’s sustainability efforts.
The duties of the Sustainability Manager include reviewing and making recommendations on sustainability initiatives and performance in relation to the environment, health, wellness, safety and community engagement.
The Sustainability Manager meets regularly with the Sustainability committee and reviews sustainability progress and priorities toward Mercury goals. The committee is comprised of members from cross functional areas that can solicit resources within their functional groups for added expertise on specific sustainability activities.
Provide updates to the Senior Management Team on the status of sustainability targets, goals, actions and progress.
Sustainability activities are communicated via channels depending on the nature of the activity and audience; MercNews, The Wave, the sustainability pages of the Mercury website, dedicated Mercury Dealer emails, dedicated consumer emails, Mercury “Water Cooler,” Brunswick’s internet or website, news and media releases.
- Gain and maintain a deep understanding of sustainability initiatives, carbon reduction goals, and timing to achieve carbon reduction goals.
- Develop KPIs, roadmaps, and strategies to advance and track the Company’s carbon reduction objectives and progress against science-based targets.
- Collaborate closely with Mercury Departments & teams for sustainability development.
- Partner with Communications and Marketing teams to assist with sustainability programming and public relations strategy as it relates to technical sustainability issues.
- Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships to collaborate with various departments and functions as needed to promote sustainability programming and technical programs.
- Develop or execute strategies issues such as energy use, resource conservation, recycling, pollution reduction waste elimination, product innovation, employee and community engagement.
- Engage employees working on sustainability projects
- Research environmental sustainability issues, concerns and stakeholder interests
- Develop methodologies to assess the viability or success of sustainability initiatives
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of sustainability programs
- Evaluate proposals for sustainability projects, considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and integration with other initiatives
- Oversee the development of marketing or outreach media for sustainability projects and events
- Identify educational training or other development opportunities for enhancing the sustainability knowledge base
- Develop sustainability reports, presentations, or proposals for committee, employee, senior management or other groups
- Review sustainability program objectives, progress or status to ensure compliance with policies, standards and goals
- Identify and evaluate pilot projects or programs to enhance sustainability
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Sustainability Science, or other related disciplines
- Five or more years’ experience in sustainability technology or leadership.
- Experienced leader with demonstrated success in driving/facilitating innovation, collaboration, and ability to influence others.
- Passionate about sustainability.
- Solution oriented, team first collaborator, strategic visionary and digital thinker, empathetic and curious to learn.
- Ability to pull insights from multiple sources and synthesize into a compelling story for change.
- High familiarity with strategy development and innovation processes.
- Strong skills and experience with diagnosing and resolving complex problems and opportunities.
- Ability to craft vision and strategy and make it come to life with actionable plans.
- Strong analytical, decision making, influence, and compelling communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams to deliver strong sustainability plans.
- Entrepreneur can-do attitude to find ways to break down growth barriers.
- Comfort with ambiguity and leading through change.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification highly desired.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.