Title – Swim Club – Head Coach
School/Building – Rec Dept / Aquatic Center
Number of Openings – 1
Close Date (11:59 p.m. Central) – Open until filled
Name – Bill Greymont
Title – Recreation Department Coordinator
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 920-906-6501
Position Start Date – As soon as possible
Salary/Wage – $35,000- $45,000 / year
Appointment Type – Full Time
Description – The Fond du Lac Swim Club is seeking a head coach.
● Providing a positive, encouraging, safe, and challenging atmosphere consistent with the mission and values of FSC in which all swimmers, regardless of age or abilities, may improve their skills.
● Demonstrate passion for competitive swimming, enthusiasm for working with young athletes, and be able to coach and motivate swimmers with a positive approach.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Mentor and supervise assistant coaches as they further their coaching skills.
● Run one of the Level Swimmer group practices including dryland and working with swimmers to set goals and further develop their technique.
● Enter and review the team meet entries and attend scheduled meets.
● Foster efficient communication across club staff, families, and swimmers.
● Coordinate team building and club activities.
● Working knowledge of TeamUnify, Meet Manager, and basic MS Office skills
● Ability to work with and maintain professional relationships with Aquatic Center staff and high school coaches.
● Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
● Remain free of any alcohol or illegal substance in the workplace in compliance with Policy 4122.01 throughout their employment in the District.
● Perform additional duties and responsibilities necessary within the scope of this employment position as assigned by the Superintendent or designee.
The Fond du Lac School District does not discriminate in the employment of support staff on the basis of the Protected Classes of race, color, national origin, age, sex (including transgender status, change of sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity) pregnancy, creed or religion, genetic information, handicap or disability, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, military service (as defined in 111.31, Wis. Stats.), ancestry, arrest record, conviction record, use or non-use of lawful products off the District’s premises during non-working hours, declining to attend an employer-sponsored meeting or to participate in any communication with the employer about religious matters or political matters, or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment practices.
*The Fond du Lac School District reserves the right to modify the above job description at any time.
QUALIFICATIONS: USA Swim Coach Certification,
Coaching experience, with 1 or more years as the head coach of a competitive team
Background in competitive swimming, stroke mechanics, age-appropriate
dryland training techniques, USA-Swimming rules and regulations
Letters of Recommendation