Fond du Lac
Are you ready for what’s next?
Come explore opportunities within Brunswick, a global marine leader committed to challenging conventions and innovating next-generation technologies that transform experiences on the water and beyond. Brunswick believes “Next Never Rests™,” and we offer a variety of exciting careers and growth opportunities within united teams defining the future of marine recreation.
Connected Operations & Analytics – Systems/Software Engineering Co-op
Work for the undisputed leader in the Marine Industry! Mercury Marine, a Division of Brunswick Corporation based in Fond du Lac, WI, is a unique, fun, and rewarding place to work. Our fast-paced, high-energy environment fosters professional growth and satisfaction while recognizing and valuing individual performance.
If we can move boats through the water at record speeds, imagine what we can do for your career! As a Co-op you will have an opportunity to join the fast-paced Connected Operations and Analytics (CO) team. This position will be integral in supporting application and analytics development for Mercury Marine Global Operations. Candidate needs to be self-starter with passion for data-driven culture, analytics, and application development.
Working in a partnership with subject matter experts the CO team is responsible for connecting, collecting, analyzing, and publishing data from operational equipment and systems within multiple manufacturing plants. This work will help digitize Mercury’s manufacturing process. This Co-op position will support Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Industry 4.0 (I4.0) initiatives. Initial responsibilities will be focused on backlog of feature development for ongoing projects in CO iterative/agile workflow. Role provides opportunity for expanded responsibilities in Project Management, APIs, Microsoft Power Apps, Power BI, Database Administration, Data Science/Engineering, and Advanced Analytics (ML/AI) development.
- Work with full-time team members located in multiple different operational plants, assisting with projects and analysis
- Collaborate with Systems and Analytics Engineers, Controls/Automation Engineers, Architects, Data Scientists, and Data Engineers across the business per project
- Connect, collect, and analyze data come from different types of operational equipment
- Utilize SQL queries to help retrieve data stored in databases (on-site and cloud/Azure)
- Create operational dashboards, data visualizations, and reporting
- Realtime via Ignition by Inductive Automation
- Historical (trending) via Power BI by Microsoft
- Develop software applications to help collect or deliver data to many manufacturing personnel throughout the organization
- Participate in regular updates with management within the different plants
- Data processing and analysis with scripting languages (R, Python)
In addition to a great hands-on learning experience, you will also acquire the skills needed to:
- Work within an agile/scrum/iterative workflow to meet timelines
- Prioritize feature development driven from business value
- Effectively and quickly collect and analyze data coming from IIoT devices and manufacturing equipment
- Understand data storage and retrieval processes in large-scale manufacturing databases and business systems
- Analyze data and make recommendations that effectively improve process costs
- Effectively express your ideas, influence people, manage potentially contentious situations to a positive result and communicate with employees at all levels of an organization
Qualifications of a successful candidate:
- Current enrollment in a BS program with a major in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a relevant degree with a controls/systems/analytics emphasis
- Ability to quickly learn Ignition (Inductive Automation) and Power BI (Microsoft) software
- Training provided as needed
- Minimum second semester sophomore status with 48 completed credits
- Availability to work full-time (40 or more hours per week) through a full co-op May to December 2024
- The ability to enroll in a formalized co-op Program through your university
- Dependable, self-motivated, and engaged learner
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 35 lbs.
Next is Now!
We value growth and development, recognizing that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.