1ST, 2:30a – 12:00p M – F
Realize your ambition. Say cheese!
Under the supervision of a cheesemaker, you will assist in making cheese while maintaining high quality in food.
Your Passion. Our Culture.
At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento, you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you’re ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can find it here.
What You Do.
- Monitor table area for cleanliness and readiness.
- Monitor cheese transferring from Vats to tables.
- Record cheese PH, pump down time, unload time, product ready time, salt and water amounts.
- Report cheese issues to a cheesemaker.
- Obtain samples from the table of whey and whey cream.
- Apply salt and shovel cheese.
- Rinse residual cheese curd from tables and sanitize the tables.
- Keep salt room and work area tidy.
- Monitor and operate whey process area; including whey separators, whey cream and whey
- cream tanks.
- Operate dry cooker and conveyor system.
- Operate cheese vat deck.
- Operate HTST.
- Operate milk separator.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Education and Experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED/HSED) required or minimally enrolled with anticipated completion in 12 months or less
- Previous maintenance and/or food industry experience is preferred.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Lifting up to 80 lbs. occasionally.
Sargento is a refrigerated food production facility and the ability to work in a cold environment is a necessity. Machinery, moving mechanical parts, and robotics are used during production, so the work environment is usually loud. During sanitation work, you may be exposed to wet, humid, damp conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With 2,000 employees and net sales of $1.5 billion, Sargento Foods is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more than 60 years. We created the world’s first, successful pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded, sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our products and for product design, packaging and merchandising innovations that have transformed our industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.