1. Talent Management
- Advocates for effective execution of the performance management process by collaborating with direct report/s to set clear objectives, goals and expectations.
- Conducts regular coaching and constructive feedback discussions to review performance and goal progress, assist with challenges, and identify strengths and development areas, all to support Associate professional and career development, while increasing engagement and motivation.
- Supports workforce planning and talent acquisition strategies by effectively staffing and hiring diverse talent for the organization.
- Addresses Associate relations and performance issues in a timely manner and/or makes appropriate decisions relative to performance challenges.
2. Operations Management
- Manage the performance of the area by meeting or exceeding goals relative to cost, overtime, quality/consistency initiatives, loss reduction, safety, morale, and project implementations.
- Determine appropriate staffing needs and may develop biweekly schedules that minimize and/or eliminate avoidable labor costs related to staffing shortages/overages.
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures to maximize production efficiency and control costs.
- Review and analyze production and operating reports to resolve problems, generate ideas, and ensure smooth operation of assigned areas and report results to the management team.
- Accountable for facility sanitation procedures and compliance.
- Responsible for the proper operation and maintenance of manufacturing equipment, and cleanliness of the work areas.
- Ensure compliance with food safety and quality programs (HACCP, SQF) and assist in resolving food safety/defense issues.
- Has back-up responsibilities for, and is backed up by, as defined by the Facility Org Chart and Back-up Responsibilities chart.
- Develop and achieve understanding and results of performance indicators and metrics.
- Leads or takes part in root cause analysis (RCA) activities and corrective and preventative actions (CAPA).
- Collaborate with Maintenance and Engineering personnel, in conjunction with the Plant/Manufacturing Manager, relative to modifications of equipment and processes in order to improve production and quality.
- Ensure all required documentation, recordkeeping, and reporting takes place as is required by law and/or regulatory agencies, (i.e. OSHA, DNR, USDA, FDA, EEOC, DOL, IMS, WDA, SQF, etc.).
- Respond to requests and work with these agencies as required.
- Provide assistance and support to other facilities as needed for special projects, temporary assignments, etc.
3. Associate Performance and Accountability
- Supervise hourly Associates by means of coaching/mentoring, training, discipline, performance management, conflict resolution, etc., while fostering a positive work environment that encourages teamwork, pride, and a continuous improvement mentality.
- Ensure Associate compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Administer and maintain Associate documentation and confidentiality.
- Utilize the Corrective Action and Disciplinary Due Process systems when necessary in partnership with Human Resources.
- May utilize the timekeeping system to monitor and approve Associate time records.
- Approve requests for schedule alterations (such as PTO, schedule changes, etc.).
- Accountable for the culture of the area and showing support for the culture in all activities.
- Conduct Associate Safety and other required training.
- Involved in hiring new Associates and manages onboarding them to the team (e.g. training, coaching, development plans)
- Ensures coverage and support as needed based on facility’s schedule and needs.
4. Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement
- Develop and implement continuous improvement strategies focused on appropriate areas, such as: training and development, productivity, processing changes, and changes to structure or redesign.
- Drive towards continuous improvement of the facility programs on a regular basis.
- Participate in CI projects and promotes a CI learning environment and mindset.
- Work on efficiency improvement and cost savings projects through the facility.
- Utilize SPC and other tools to monitor performance. Troubleshooting, as needed, of all related programs and processes.
Associate Degree required, Bachelors Degree preferred. Degree in Operations Management, Business, Leadership, or other related field required.
Associates Degree or better in Operations Management.
Bachelors Degree or better in Operations Management.