Marchant Schmidt is a global leader in the manufacture of Industrial Food Cutting Solutions and serves the world from our manufacturing sites in the United States and the United Kingdom. With a strong engineering focus, we produce Hygienic Automation solutions and are known to be direct food contact specialists. Family values drive our culture, innovation, quality and responsible customer partnerships.
Summary: Supports the sale of equipment and parts or services by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
• Provide technical support and interface with Engineering and Manufacturing departments.
• Assist Sales Managers in completion of individual projects, proposals, and orders.
• Become versed in the product line to be able to effectively support all departments.
• Review orders with Engineering and Manufacturing departments.
• Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs, and to determine system requirements.
• Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support. Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and customer layout drawings.
• Support the sale of products requiring extensive technical expertise.
• Recommend improved materials or machinery to customers, documenting how such changes will lower costs or increase production.
• Reviews blueprints, plans, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates or projected increases in production from client’s use of proposed equipment or services.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Design software; Internet software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Other Skills and Abilities: Must have knowledge of AutoCAD and Solid Works software.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.