Become part of an exciting, rapidly growing company where opportunities are endless.
Marchant Schmidt, Inc. a leader in the food processing equipment industry with interests in both the national and international markets, is continuing to grow our business and creating additional opportunities in a variety of departments.
We’ve been in business for 50 years and have seen strong and steady growth during that time. We can offer you a fast paced, challenging work environment along with the opportunity to grow with a great company!
The Technical Sales Advisor supports the sale of cheese converting equipment, parts, and services through the development and/or presentation of technical proposal responses and customer layout drawing, and equipment designs.
- Recommend improved materials or machinery to customers, documenting how such changes will lower the customer’s costs or increase their production.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Operations, and sales team to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide technical sales support.
- Contact, research and develop OEM equipment offerings required to meet the Scope of Supply of projects.
- Create conceptual plant line layouts on CAD representing plant layout, standard and modified base equipment, and equipment designs to meet the Scope of Supply.
- Create 3D rendering drawings from CAD models.
- Prepare simulation drawings for the Automation and Controls team to analyze.
- Work closely with the Technical Sales Manager who provides design guidance and project review.
- Assist Engineering Team with resolving technical equipment issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications, Education, Skills:
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with AutoCAD and Solid Works software.
- Knowledge of Database software; Design software; Internet software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Knowledge; basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
- High level of professionalism; reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect, follows through on commitments.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Customer focused, self-starter.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment with varied temperature conditions.
- Engage and follow up with customers.