Fond du Lac
Reports To: Thermoform Manager
Employment Status: Full time
Core Hours:. Friday, Saturday, Sunday 6pm – 6am (36 hours).
Full-time weekend shifts will be credited weekly with 4 hours paid, provided the full 36-hour schedule is worked.
**Option to work part time for night shift only – Must work full 12-hour shift Saturday or Sunday
The purpose of this position is to operate the Thermoformer accurately to ensure the quality of products produced meets customer’s specifications.
- Perform and record measurable quality checks by measuring critical customer requirements per CAD drawing using a caliper.
- Perform tooling changeover.
- Perform all essential functions of the Thermoformer to produce a quality product.
- Troubleshoot all defects independently and make corrections in a timely manner.
- Run product efficiently to meet and/or exceed scrap rate.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks.
- Identify potential tooling and/or machine needs or repair.
- Perform minor maintenance tasks.
- Train new Operators.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work with diverse personalities and age groups.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter and have a mechanical aptitude.
- Requires little involvement from supervision.
- Considered the expert and trainer in the Thermoform area.
- Must have a basic understanding of how to schedule run orders to maximize uptime.
- Continually strives for process improvements and cost savings.
- PLC knowledge is a must.
The essential functions and qualifications are minimal expectations, not limits.
- Must exhibit the following competencies:
- Safety: Perform all jobs in a safe manner. Ensuring a safe workplace is a shared responsibility between you and your team. Make safety your #1 priority.
- Job Knowledge: Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
- Quantity of Work: Meets productivity standards. Completes work in a timely manner. Strives to increase productivity. Achieves established goals.
- Quality of Work: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. QPI reserves the right to make changes to the job description at any time based on business needs.
Quality Packaging, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All hiring decisions are based exclusively on merit, qualifications and business needs.