Fond du Lac
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Since Brunswick Corporation (NYSE:BC) was founded in 1845, the Company has grown to become a world leader in each of our product categories: propulsion, fitness , and boat. Brunswick Corporation is a publicly held company listed on the New York and Chicago stock exchanges, with sales over $4.1 billion annually. While we are family to 13,000 employees around the world, three divisions in over 30 countries create a local environment. Our global headquarters is located in the Chicago suburb of Mettawa, Illinois.
A Division of Brunswick Corporation, Mercury Marine is the world’s #1 recreational marine-engine maker and marketer by sales volume. Fueled by our passion for the water and our customer’s boating experience, we provide the most reliable and intuitive propulsion solutions. We build sterndrive propulsion systems, including inboard and outboard engines under the Mercury MerCruiser, Mercury Racing, Zeus, and other brand names; and marine parts and accessories under brands like Quicksilver and Kellogg Marine Supply. Mercury Marine operates mainly in North America and the Asia/Pacific region.
Reporting to the Director of Trade & Compliance, this position will be responsible for ensuring compliance with laws and regulations of the Department of Census and US Customs & Border Protection as well as supporting the geographic regions with training on Mercury’s trade compliance programs. Acting as the liaison with overseas business units, the specialist will implement and maintain compliance processes and standardize procedures across the globe.
What will your primary responsibilities be?
- Ensure that Mercury’s Import & Export compliance policies and procedures with US Customs & Border Protection, Bureau of Industry & Security, C-TPAT, NAFTA, Duty Drawback, Denied Party Lists, etc. are complied with throughout the organization.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for tariff classifications, and other related trade compliance and regulatory matters to identify potential exposure and minimize risk for Mercury globally.
- Work closely with other key internal stakeholders, including Sales, Finance, Procurement, Supply Chain and Engineering to gather information and collaborate as needed.
- Develop, maintain and adhere to compliance controls and propose recommendations for improvements.
- Complete monthly regional audits, analyze and publish monthly metrics and data reports.
- Travel to International and domestic locations for training or review of Trade Compliance processes.
- Leverage data analytics to make strategic and tactical business decisions
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in International Management, Supply Chain, Intl. Business, Accounting.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in Import/Export trade compliance
- Excellent project and team management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. Import/Export laws.
- Knowledge of Microsoft, Oracle, and PIMS applications.
- Strong verbal and written skills necessary to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with focused attention on detail.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status recognized under applicable law.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.