Traveling Medical Assistant
Apply Job ID 25608 Date posted May. 09, 2023
Creating a better way. It’s more than just the philosophy we were founded on. It’s our purpose. For our employees, it means more time with patients. Unrushed visits to build meaningful relationships. And most importantly, an opportunity to empower our patients to achieve their full potential – at work and in life. Determined to make a difference? Join our health care revolution and be a part of something better.
QuadMed is currently seeking a Traveling Medical Assistantfor coverage in our QuadMed Clinics nationally.
This is a fullitme position!
*Must be comfortable with majority of time spent traveling nationally to provide coverage in-clinic.
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks, and sterilizes instruments
- Provides patients with instructions and other information regarding preparations for the service and necessary registration
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information, and follows federal and state regulations and organization policies regarding protection of patient information
- Participates in development activities and maintains affiliations with medical assistant associations, as applicable
- Commitment to concepts of preventative health care programs and team based approach to health care delivery
- Front office duties including but not limited to reception, patient check-in/check-out, payment collection, and electronic scheduling
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned
- Where permitted, and as directed:
- May perform routine screening tests
- Draws patient blood samples as directed and prepares samples for ordered laboratory analysis, and collection of other ordered lab specimens.
- Prepares and administers ordered injectable medications and immunizations
- Changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and performs other first aid procedures
- Assists patients with the scheduling of internal/external referrals
- National travel required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Medical Assistant
- Phlebotomy and lab experience
- Experience working front office preferred
- Experience working in a Primary Care setting
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- CPR/BLS Certification
- Medical Assistant certification through AAMA preferred
- Skill certification through NIOSH or CAOHC preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Commitment to concepts of preventative health care programs and team approach to health care delivery
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral/written) required
- Ability to work independently
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
Why work for us?
- Comprehensive benefit package
- 9 Paid holidays
- CME paid time off
Harry Quadracci was determined to do things differently, and to do them better. In 1991, the visionary print manufacturing CEO founded QuadMed out of the belief that there had to be a better way to provide his employees with access to affordable, high-quality health care. And what started as doing the right thing, ended up sparking a health care revolution. Now 30 years later, we partner with employers across the nation to provide value-driven health and wellness services in or near the workplace. With a focus on breaking down cost, access and quality barriers, we empower employees and their families to live healthier, happier lives.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace