Join Our Movement!
We’re a growing company that designs and manufactures playground equipment for communities all around the world! Be part of something bigger with Burke by Joining Our Movement! We’re looking for a CDL – A Truck Driver to work at Burke Headquarters and be part of our great team!
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a focus on quality, a can-do attitude and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)! This opportunity is local and allows you to be home daily while using your CDL license to help us bring play to communities!
This role helps the Burke Team by ensuring efficient and effective transportation of Burke’s playground, outdoor fitness and recreation products between facilities! This effort ensures we’re able to provide incredible customer service to schools, parks, childcare centers, churches, apartment complexes and other customers all around the world.
We have high expectations for our Burkies and this role is no different!
- Play an integral role as part of our Shipping and Receiving team by helping to load and unload trucks and trailers with forklifts, other equipment or by hand as needed
- Communicate with our Shipping Team Lead and other team members to understand delivery/transport needs
- Ensure parts and products are secured in the trucks and trailers
- Verify accuracy of loads and provide timely and accurate delivery
- Obtain required signatures to confirm and complete deliveries
- Perform OSHA required inspections of trucks and trailers daily
- Ensure company trucks and trailers are kept clean and maintained
- Demonstrated ability to operate a manual transmission cab
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Obey all applicable traffic laws, comply with DOT regulations and drive according to the weather/road conditions
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for play!
This position offers on-the-job training and a unique opportunity to learn new skills and develop with a growing company. What’s in it for you?
- Performance based competitive pay
- Benefits Package for full time employees
- 401K with a company match
- PTO, 3 weeks of vacation on start date & paid holidays
- Company provided lunches/summer incentive programs
- $1000 Sign-on Bonus
Qualifications That Move Us!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid commercial driver’s license (Class A CDL) required
- Two or more years of proven experience in commercial truck driving preferred
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Alert, focused and possesses the ability to lift to 75 lbs.
- Able to operate forklift and other equipment as needed
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.