Fond du Lac
Role responsible for installing/repairing/ locating Conduits, Vaults, Pedestals, Fiber Optic cable, hybrid fiber coax (HFC), operating utility construction equipment, ground restoration, flagging, and general construction as directed by the Supervisor. Locate & verify all utilities before construction using multiple methods and locating equipment. Individuals must be able to read prints and have knowledge of the underground process. This position is required to travel 80% of the time to complete different projects as needed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- All phases of underground construction include but are not limited to:
- Loading, driving, delivery, digging, removal and placement of various types, sizes and weight of construction materials and equipment
- Hand dig using shovel and or mechanical tools.
- Fully restore worksite at completion of work, refill trenches and holes, tamp soil, and replant any plants or shrubs that were disturbed during our construction, place temporary asphalt on streets where excavations have been performed.
- Install and maintenance of underground telecommunications cables.
- Climb into and out of equipment (trucks, cars, backhoes, trenchers, etc.).
- Operate or work around heavy equipment and machinery.
- Maintain visual and audible contact with other crewman and all moving or stationary persons/vehicles/objects to ensure safe coordination of movement.
- Perform general construction work under direction of Supervisor.
- Flagging, property or worksite restoration.
- Maintain safe working habits/conditions according to all regulations, procedures and policies.
- Maintain accurate records including time worked, daily logs as required; properly record all required information on data devices and/or work orders, surveys referrals, etc.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Understand outside plant construction standards
- Ability to dig in all types of soil
- Knowledge of and ability to handle tools and equipment in a safe manner
- This position is required to travel 80% of the time to complete different projects as needed
High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
OSP Underground construction/maintenance experience – 2-4
- Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record within Company required standards
- Class “A” CDL license is a plus
- OSHA 10 Certification
Preferred Related Work Experience and Number of Years
Outdoor/ Field environment
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, and twisting. Also, working in inclement weather conditions, such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, ice, snow, and wind.
- Working in congested or remote areas
- Mental Requirements
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you’re joining a strong community of more than 93,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most. Watch this video to learn more.
Who You Are Matters Here We’re committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets. Learn about our inclusive culture.