The Universal Teller provides outstanding service to Horicon Bank customers by processing transactions efficiently; follows established policies and procedures. Serves and retains existing and prospective customer relationships through effective sales of Horicon Bank products and services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastically support the Bank sales function by providing exceptional service to internal and external customers of the Bank.
- Assist customers and potential customers regarding bank products and services. Promote and sell Horicon Bank products and services and make referral suggestions when appropriate.
- Accept and process deposits, withdrawals, transfers, night deposits, mail and ATM transactions.
- Cash checks, process loan payments and sell Cashier’s Checks.
- Accurately balance teller cash drawer according to established bank procedures. Maintain all audit requirements.
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of Universal Teller programs and systems.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update knowledge and develop professionally by participating in internal and external training.
- May act as a peer mentor or field trainer to new universal tellers, as needed. Work closely with the Teller Trainer to ensure an efficient and positive teller training experience.
- May order bank cash; assist in balancing and maintaining vault, ATM and coin machines.
- Support branch operations by efficiently completing tasks as needed. May assist with check ordering, branch supply ordering, scheduling vendor maintenance, reviewing of cameras, monthly and quarterly branch audits, maintenance of debit cards and perform other duties as necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, or to assist in other areas of the bank.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Cash handling experience a plus.
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide) required.
- Computer literacy including experience with Office Suite, MS Word, Excel, and other computer software products.
- Exceptional customer service skills and good communication skills are necessary to address customer inquiries and resolve conflict in the most appropriate manner while positively representing the bank.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work, exercise good judgment in all areas of responsibility, and work effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Collaboration/teamwork amongst departments, accuracy, attention to detail and safeguarding of confidential information is required.
Work is performed in a pleasant office environment with minimal chance for personal injury. Frequent mental concentration is necessary for listening and responding to various situations. Must be able to lift and move up to 20 pounds unassisted. Some twisting, bending, and turning is required. Work hours are generally during normal business hours, may include some evenings and weekends, and average 40 hours a week. Some out of town travel may be required.