Fond du Lac
Are you ready for what’s next?
Come explore opportunities within Brunswick, a global marine leader committed to challenging conventions and innovating next-generation technologies that transform experiences on the water and beyond. Brunswick believes “Next Never Rests™,” and we offer a variety of exciting careers and growth opportunities within united teams defining the future of marine recreation.
USER RESEARCH INTERN
As a User Research intern you will support user research activities within the Mercury Marine Industrial Design (ID) team. You will work in a creative and highly collaborative environment driving user research insights that will translate into actionable opportunities and guide the ideas that bring our products to life. This role will report directly to the Manager of User Research. It is expected the role and responsibilities could evolve as our needs may change.
Role and What You Will Drive
- Design Thinking based User Research – Understand it. Live it. Drive it. Own it.
- Empathy – Uncover how consumers feel, feel as they do, and let it inform our values.
- Break existing norms – Find new solutions for user centered research.
- Communication – Because your work will guide the direction of our design and innovation efforts.
- Collaboration – Work across the business to inform user centered possibilities.
- Prototype, iterate, and do it again – Do it right, not perfect.
A Typical Day
- Connect with the Manager of User Research and other teammates working on research.
- Work independently on user research related activities, which can include but not limited to:
- Secondary research – social sites, analogous models, building 2×2’s.
- Primary Research – observing and/or moderating ethnographic interviews.
- Analysis Work – assisting the team with analysis.
- Creation of guiding principles and creating content for user research share outs.
Education | Training
- Currently pursuing a degree in UX Research or Human Centered Design. Having a focus on Psychology is desired but not required.
Experience | Skills | Focus
- Willingness to understand how and why our customers boat and interact with our products and services – focused on empathy and usability.
- Demonstrate endless passion for, and live, the principles of human centered design.
- Engage with others, work collaboratively in person or remotely.
- Leverage a comprehensive suite of contemporary and effective tools needed to uncover users explicit and latent needs.
- Bring something new to our team so that we learn as much from you as you will from us.
Next is Now!
We value growth and development, recognizing that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click here for more information
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers. If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com.