Salary – $13.57 – $18.06 Hourly
Location – 459 E First Street Fond du Lac, WI
Job Type – Full Time
Provide maintenance-janitorial assistance and groundskeeping under the direction of the Director of Environmental Services. Examples of Duties
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Remove trash, cardboard and recyclables from all areas of the building and take to dumpsters.
- Perform all aspects of ground care. Mow lawn, weeding, perennial care, etc.
- Remove snow from walks and entrances when needed.
- Set up meeting/event rooms as directed.
- Wash windows.
- Assist maintenance personnel in maintenance shop as required.
- Strip and finish floors.
- Paint offices, corridors, etc. as scheduled.
- Shampoo carpet in offices and corridors.
- Shampoo furniture as required.
- Transfer supplies from loading dock to designated areas throughout facility.
- Carry out job tasks designated by work orders including minor plumbing and electrical repairs.
- Drive county vehicles/resident transport, to various points in Fond du Lac County as directed by Director of Environmental Services.
- Pick up supplies for facility.
- Perform related work as required.
- Assist in special maintenance or janitorial projects as directed by Director of Environmental Services.
Desirable Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good mechanical awareness.
- Able to follow instructions when working alone.
- Must manage time wisely.
Training and Experience:
- High School graduate.
- Experience in operation of yard equipment such as garden tractor, lawn mower, etc.
- Experienced in handling power tools and hand tools.
- Routine lifting 50-75 lbs.
- Routine ladder work height up to 16 feet.
- Must maintain a valid vehicle operator’s license.
- Long periods of standing/walking
- Working with potentially hazardous materials/equipment, solvents, detergents, paints, grease, oil and other chemicals.
- Long periods of standing/walking,
Hours: 6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday – no holiday, no weekends