Date: Aug 13, 2023
Location: Waupun, WI, US
Shift: 2nd Shift
SUMMARY: Setup and operates all valve guide restrike presses, steam treaters and oil impregnators. Performs visual inspection at the compacting, sintering, steam treat, oil impregnate and restrike operations by performing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and Federal Mogul standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility’s quality, environmental, health and safety policies that are identified by the Management Systems.
- Reads routers, and production schedules for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerance, and number of parts to be processed and when. Read special instructions as required. Records information for inspection and production using various forms, logs and computer systems.
- Monitors product for product specifications using but not limited to the following types of inspection equipment, micrometer, digital indicators, scales, hardness tester, optical comparators, plug gages, air gages, bore gages and visual aids.
- Monitors and operates the restrike, steam treat and oil impregnator equipment daily. Performs visual inspection of the compacting, sintering, steam treat, oil impregnate, and restrike area.
- Verifies and setups equipment including but not limited to proper press settings, feeds and speeds, temperatures, cycle times, pressure settings and other controls are in conformance to specification by using established standards.
- Ability to setup, start, shut down, monitor and operate all types of Valve Guide restrike presses. Install and remove tooling from restrike presses.
- Completes first piece inspection and monitors press to assure conformance prior to release to restrike operators.
- Makes adjustments to the restrike press.
- Loads, unloads and operate steam treaters and oil impregnators.
- Setup and monitors automation and conveyors. Operates overhead hoists, and hand jacks. Loads and unloads various types of containers, which in include but are not limited to pans, bins, baskets and trays.
- Utilizes statistical data to determine conforming product. Analyzes and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in determining cause of failure.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow all safety rules and regulation while performing operations.
- Troubleshoots and performs appropriate maintenance of the equipment by observation and general cleaning.
- Overtime is required as posted weekly and may be mandated for this position.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/management
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Minimum of one year related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates and ratios. Knowledge of metric system.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES;
Operator must be highly motivated with ability to work independently, yet be an effective team player. Operator must have above average mechanical ability.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk and climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Hearing protection, safety glasses and steel toe shoes are required.