|Position Title:||Vice President for Advancement & Alumni Relations|
|FTE:||1.0 (40hrs./week; 12 months)|
|Department:||Advancement & Alumni Relations|
|Reports To:||President of the University|
This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by actively fundraising with clear and ambitious annual and capital dollar goals. In addition to being primarily responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual major gifts from University constituents and the broader community, the Senior Vice President will oversee the Advancement and Alumni Relations Office. The Senior Vice President will foster and maintain strong relationships with donors and promote the University to enhance the pursuit of its mission.
- Provide leadership and focus to the advancement and alumni efforts of the institution that are in keeping with the strategic vision of Marian
- Provide strategic direction for all advancement efforts of fundraising and alumni relations.
- Direct long-range and short-term fundraising
- Identify and engage new sources of principal gift support for new and ongoing projects related to University
- Assist and support other University units and academic areas for soliciting funding through grant writing.
- Manage and provide direction to all programs/departments reporting to the office for Advancement and Alumni Relations; including oversight of fiscal and personnel
- Communicate the status of current efforts and future vision for advancement and alumni activities to the university
- Plan, execute and evaluate all major and planned gift strategies, donor/prospect identification and research, and the prospect management
- Cultivate and solicit major and planned gifts for the University and assist providing support services for the president, executives, deans and others in the cultivation and solicitation of gifts.
- Increase the number of known planned gift intentions by educating, informing and inspiring individuals to consider making an estate gift.
- Record detailed notes of each visit in the Advancement Office
- Develop and implement the Office of Advancement and Alumni’s strategic plan, and oversee effective annual work plans to achieve strategic
- Serve on the leadership team for prospect management, campaign direction and special project management for all academic and non-academic
- Serve and report to the Business Committee of the Board of
- Develop and implement advancement policies and
- Present Marian University as a spokesperson and Maintain a positive work environment and attitude by cooperating in a professional manner with the University community and stakeholders, both on and off campus.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Master’s degree required.
- Six or more years of fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques; practices and philosophies of charitable giving.
- Demonstrated experience with major gift fundraising.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must exercise a high degree of professionalism with sound judgement, awareness and discretion while maintaining confidentiality. Must demonstrate high ethical standards.
- Skills with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet stringent deadlines.
- Willingness to travel and work nights and weekends when necessary.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and name, address and telephone number of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Vice President for Advancement & Alumni Relations” in the subject line of the email.
Applications received by December 8, 2023, will receive full consideration. Review of applications will continue, thereafter, until the position is filled.
Transforming lives through academic excellence, innovation and leadership. Marian University is a community committed to learning, dedicated to service and social justice, and joined together by spiritual traditions.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the receipt of criminal background and reference check information; and the determination that the candidate remains eligible and suitable for employment.