Fond du Lac
This position is responsible for developing and implementing the application and integration of virtual design and construction concepts and processes into the company’s construction management processes and technological systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist the Director of VDC in developing VDC services, processes, and guidelines
- Assist with Research and Development, championing new technologies throughout the organization to improve and optimize its workflows to provide better efficiencies.
- Assist in developing project-based BIM implementation documents such as BIM Execution Plans and MEP Kickoff Agendas to achieve the project goals
- Identify clash detection issues and run trade coordination meetings
- Coordinate design and model changes with other disciplines
- Track design and trade issues present in current models, and project constraints (hurdles) not shown in models, and communicate with the project teams to orchestrate their resolutions
- Build virtual construction models from plans, specifications, and design models for self-perform work and project pursuits
- Create 2D/3D site layout points and lift drawings to assist field operations
- Process and use laser scan data to validate renovation work, resolve clashes, and verify quality of construction
- Derive material quantities from models and track delta changes for iterative cost control
- Produce 4D schedules of planned construction sequences
- Compile as-built model data, CAFM/COBie data, and any other CAD/BIM data for project close-out
- Create and customize 3D library content
- Assist in training VDC Coordinators to become self-sufficient VDC Managers
- Train office and field personnel to use models and leverage their data
- Stay current on developing technology within the AEC industry
- Utilize and support ancillary construction technologies such as drones, robotic total stations, 360 cameras, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Technology, Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience/training
- 5+ years of construction experience or 10+ years of experience in the AEC industry, and 5+ years of BIM software experience
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient with Revit, Navisworks, and AutoCAD.
- Excellent technology knowledge and skills.
- Strong personal management skills.
- Creative thinker.
- Ability to train others on VDC and BIM concepts and technology.
- Ability to build strong working relationships.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time.
See More Jobs