Location: Waupun, WI, US
Tenneco is one of the world’s leading designer, manufacturers and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
SUMMARY: Setups and operates valve seat insert side and centerless grinders, vibros and cob dryers. Performs visual and dimensional inspection at the grinding operation and utilizes any other measuring equipment as needed, by performing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reads routers, and production schedules for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerance, and number of parts to be processed and when. Read special instructions as required. Records information for inspection and production using various forms, logs and computer systems.
- Monitors product for product specifications using but not limited to the following types of inspection equipment, air gages, gage height, refractometer, micrometer, surface finish testers, digital indicators, scales, and visual aids.
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper settings, feeds and speeds, temperatures, cycle times, pressure settings, air settings, switches, valve adjustments, feeds and speeds are in conformance to specification by using established standards.
- Utilizes statistical data to determine conforming product. Analyzes and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in determining cause of failure.
- Ability to start, shut down, setup and operate side and centerless grinders, vibro, and cob dryers.
- Ability to multitask to setup and operate Side grinder and Centerless grinder at the same time.
- Operates overhead hoists, and hand jacks. Loads and unloads various types of containers, which in include but are not limited to pans, bins, baskets and trays.
- Ability to drive forklifts and achieves certification to drive forklift if required.
- Monitors and sets up equipment daily.
- Changes worn grinding wheels, mounts wheel on spindle, adjust blade height and angles as required, and dresses grinding wheels to specification.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow all safety rules and regulation while perform operations.
- Troubleshoots and performs TPM’s of the equipment by observation and general cleaning.
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility’s quality, environmental, health and safety policies that are identified by our Management Systems.
- Overtime is required as posted weekly and may be mandated for this position.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/management.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Minimum of one year related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates and ratios. Knowledge of metric system.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Operator must be highly motivated with ability to work independently, yet be an effective team player. Operator must have above average mechanical ability.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. The employee is required to walk and climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Hearing protection, safety glasses and steel toe shoes are required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.