SUMMARY: Operates and adjust valve seat insert compacting presses, and furnace. Assist with the operation of valve seat insert steam and temper furnaces, cryo units and oil impregnation units. Performs visual and dimensional inspection at the compacting, sintering and steam / temper operations by performing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or ill health to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Reads routers, and production schedules for product specifications such as: dimensions, tolerance, and number of parts to be processed and when.
- Records information for inspection and production using various form, logs, and computer systems.
- Monitors product for product specifications using but not limited to the following types of inspection equipment: micrometer, digital indicators, scales, hardness tester, optical comparators, digital controllers, flow gages, and visual aids.
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper press settings, feeds and speeds, temperatures, cycle times, pressure settings and other controls are in conformance to specification by using established standards.
- Ability to start shut down, monitor and operate compacting presses.
- Makes adjustments to the press for weight and OAL.
- Loads, unloads and operate furnaces, monitors automation in front and back of furnaces.
- Operates overhead hoists, and hand jacks. Loads and unloads various types of containers, which in include but are not limited to pans, bins, baskets and trays.
- Utilizes statistical data to determine conforming product. Analyzes and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in determining cause of failure.
- Distributes powder into proper powder hoppers and to the proper press lines.
- Monitors the appropriate furnace temperatures, atmosphere and belt speed in relationship for the sintering process of parts.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follows all safety rules and regulation while perform operations.
- Performs appropriate TPM’s of the equipment and general cleaning.
- Overtime is required as posted weekly and may be mandated for this position.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/management.