Location: Waupun, WI, US
SUMMARY: Setup, operates and adjust valve seat insert compacting presses and furnace. Performs visual and dimensional inspection at the compacting, and sintering operations by performing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for creating a quality product.
- Participates in training to produce a quality product and uses preventative measures to ensure the customer requirements and Tenneco standards are met.
- Comply with legal and other requirements to avoid injury and/or illness to themselves and others.
- Understands preventative measures and creates a safe environment by having the ability to identify potential emergency situations and reports all incidents to supervisor/ manager.
- Adhere to the facility’s quality, environmental, health and safety policies that are identified by the Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Reads routers, and production schedules for product specifications such as: dimensions, tolerance, and number of parts to be processed and when. Read special instructions as required. Records information for inspection and production using various form, logs, and computer systems.
- Monitors product for product specifications using but not limited to the following types of inspection equipment: micrometer, digital indicators, scales, hardness tester, optical comparators, digital controllers, flow gages, and visual aids.
- Verifies equipment including but not limited to proper press settings, feeds and speeds, temperatures, cycle times, pressure settings and other controls are in conformance to specification by using established standards.
- Utilizes statistical data to determine conforming product. Analyses and monitors scrap and nonconforming parts to aid in determining cause of failure.
- Ability to setup, start, shut down, monitor and operate all types of Valve Seat Insert compacting presses.
- Install and remove tooling from compacting presses
- Makes adjustments to the cams, fill, ram, underfill, stops and core rod, adjust presses for optimum production of parts to meet customer specification and to assure capability of press.
- Completes first piece inspection and monitors press to assure conformance prior to release to press operators.
- Assures furnace settings are correct.
- Operates overhead hoists, and hand jacks. Loads and unloads various types of containers, which include but are not limited to pans, bins, baskets and trays.
- Assist operators in making adjustments as required.
- Make adjustments to automation equipment as required.
- Distributes powder into proper powder hoppers and to the proper press lines.
- Monitor the appropriate furnace temperatures, atmosphere, belt speed in relationship for the sintering process of parts.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follows all safety rules and regulation while perform operations.
- Troubleshoots and performs appropriate maintenance of the equipment by observation and general cleaning. Constantly be alert of problems that need to be addressed regarding equipment, tooling and quality of production
- Overtime is required as posted weekly, and may be mandated for this position.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/management.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Minimum or one year related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates and ratios. Knowledge of the metric system.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Operator must be highly motivated with ability to work independently, yet be an effective team player. Operator must have above average mechanical ability.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee is required to walk and climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
Safety glasses and steel toe shoes are required, hearing protection is recommended.