Join Our Movement!
We’re a growing company that designs and manufactures playground equipment for communities all around the world! Be part of something bigger with Burke by Joining Our Movement! We’re looking for an order packing specialist that is seeking an environment to learn and grow in while helping us take play to a higher level. We have full time positions available on first shift ranging between 6:00am and 4:30pm with overtime available.
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of innovation and enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
What you’ll do –
This role helps us deliver high-quality play and playground equipment correct and on-time to communities around the world by:
- Learning and maintaining working knowledge of parts to assist in accuracy of order preparation
- Pack orders, prepare bills of lading and shipping labels to ensure all orders ship securely and correctly to our customers
- Use a forklift for gathering parts, moving orders and loading and unloading trucks
- Verify stock and provide lists to purchasing
This position keeps you moving and involves physical labor. While performing the duties of this job, you will be regularly required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and be able to reach with your hands and arms. On a regular basis, we will need you to be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for play!
This position offers a unique opportunity to learn new skills and develop with a growing company. What’s in it for you?
- Performance based competitive pay
- Benefits Package for full time employees
- 401K with a company match
- PTO, 3 weeks of vacation on start date & paid holidays
- Company provided lunches/summer incentive programs
- $1000 Sign-on Bonus
Qualifications That Move Us!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong attention to detail and team player with good verbal communication skills
- Possesses and understands dimensions and can work with numbers
- Able to read a tape measure
- Comfortable using hand tools and other equipment and materials as needed
- Forklift experience preferred
- Ability to follow direction and safe operating procedures
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.