ADVOCAP, Inc is an established, recognized leader with over 50 years of experience in delivering effective anti-poverty and self-sufficiency programs and services. We are a private, nonprofit Community Action Agency committed to our mission of “creating opportunities for people and communities to reduce poverty and increase self-sufficiency.”
We are seeking an individual to join our team as our new Weatherization Specialist. This position will serve all three counties in ADVOCAP’s service area: Winnebago, Fond du Lac and Green Lake counties.
- Help us to reduce the energy costs for low-income house-holds by increasing the energy efficiency of their home, while ensuring their health and safety
- Install insulation and perform home repairs
- Ensure job sites are clean and orderly at all times
- Organize and maintain inventory items, tools, equipment and vehicles
- Our work is performed daily with a positive mindset and a safe work environment
- Basic construction or building maintenance knowledge preferred, but not required
- There are a multitude of physical demands for this position such as working in confined spaces, being exposed to extreme heat/cold, work at a height of 15-20’ above ground, etc. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record preferred
- Acceptable drug screen and comprehensive background check
- Women, minorities, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply
SALARY & BENEFITS
Full time, 36-hour/4 day a week position that works 52 weeks per year. No mandatory overtime required. Every Friday and weekends off. 9 paid holidays. In your first year you can earn up to 10+ days of vacation and earned sick time. 80% of health insurance premium is paid by ADVOCAP. ADVOCAP pays for life insurance, short and long term disability for you. Dental, vision, flex and additional life is available for you to purchase. We offer an employer funded retirement plan with a 401k salary deferral option. Paid training. Vehicles, tools and equipment are all provided. Excellent opportunity for career advancement. Starting pay of $18.41 per hour.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a resume and include a cover letter which highlights your relevant background and desire for the position. Applications received by May 31, 2023, will receive primary consideration.
Please use our online employment form
or, submit resumes with cover letter to:
Human Resources, ADVOCAP, Inc.,
PO Box 1108, Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1108 OR
FAX 920-922-7214 OR
Online applications and resumes will be received until positions are filled.