Deliver excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and
guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the
lobby area and Welcome Center Area.
- Be comfortable working to implement the Mission Statement of the YMCA.
The Fond du Lac Family YMCA is a non-profit charitable association dedicated to putting Christian
principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
- Acts as a positive role model using the YMCA’s core values of honesty, caring, respect, and
- Provides impeccable service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone,
contributing to member retention.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of Y programs and events. Handles and resolves member concerns
and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Assists members and guests with financial transactions including program registration, day passes,
and Child Watch passes.
- Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
- Maintain cleanliness of working area and front lobby.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills
required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
segments of the community.
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- Knowledge of computers and Office software.
SEND APPLICATIONS TO:
Fond du Lac Family YMCA
Attn: Human Resources
90 W. 2nd Street, Fond du Lac, WI 54935