|Employment Status:||Exempt; Full-Time|
|Position Location:||Hybrid Work Location|
|Schedule:||40 hours/week with Flexible Scheduling Opportunities|
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking an experienced, motivated Accountant to join our Accounting Team.
About the Role
- Maintains general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Assists with preparation of monthly cash projections and predicts future monthly cash activity.
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports by collecting, entering, and summarizing information.
- Prepares and analyzes journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains master payable files and fixed-asset database.
- Assists in the preparation of compliance reporting, statutory filings, and tax reports/payments.
- Assists in the administration of the Company Travel and Expense Program.
- Assists with preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Participates in the company year-end independent audit by gathering information/documents.
- You are detail-oriented and have strong organization skills.
- You can balance multiple duties and projects at once.
- You are focused on providing quality work that is accurate and complete.
- You are trustworthy with confidential and sensitive information.
What It Will Take
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2+ Years of Accounting Experience
- Experience utilizing Accounting Software
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, with high functioning knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Insurance Experience (Preferred)
What We Can Offer
- Traditional Benefits: Health, Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401K, Defined Contribution, PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-Paid Holidays, Flexible Scheduling, PTO, Telecommuting Options
- Education: Career Coaching, Company-Paid Courses, Student Loan & Tuition Reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match, Paid Volunteer Time, Team Sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program, Health Club Membership, Wellness Reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.