Fond du Lac, WI, US
Internal Job Title: Actuarial Associate
Employment Status: Exempt; Full-Time
Position Location: Telecommuting opportunities
Schedule: 40 hours/week with flexible scheduling opportunities
Protecting our policyholders’ dreams, passions, and livelihoods has a direct impact on the communities we serve. We work towards excellence, conduct ourselves with high integrity, and take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Small Details. Big Difference. Find out how you can make a difference with a career at Society.
Society Insurance is seeking an Actuarial Associate in our Actuarial Department. This position will assist in reserving, rate-making, business intelligence, and/or special projects to achieve rate adequacy and reserve adequacy by applying actuarial techniques. The Actuarial Associate will work collaboratively with our Claims, Underwriting, Finance, and Information Systems departments.
About the Role
- Utilizes and verifies data provided by Information Technology (IT) to prepare rate-making, reserving, and reserving analysis.
- Assists in the development of data and reports for special projects.
- Maintains templates used for rate-making, reserving, and modeling.
- Maintains clear and concise documentation of rate-making and reserving methods and activities.
- Passes one CAS exam per year.
- You enjoy using logic and analysis to solve problems and can quickly learn new technical skills.
- You enjoy brainstorming and deals with concepts and complexity comfortably.
- You are flexible and deals with ambiguity and changing priorities easily.
- You are self starter and enjoys working both independently as well as on a team.
- You easily build rapport and communicates effectively.
- You value self-development as well as the importance of business acumen.
What it Will Take
- A Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, economics, or related field – OR – 2 years of actuarial work experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Experience working with Excel and database proficiency required.
- Successful completion of at least one actuarial exam.
- Prior experience in property/casualty insurance highly preferred.
What Society Can Offer
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Salary with bonus plan; health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Retirement: Traditional or Roth 401(k) Defined Contribution Plan PLUS Profit-Sharing Plan
- Work-Life Balance: Company-paid holidays; flexible scheduling; PTO; telecommuting options
- Education: Career Coaching; company-paid courses; student loan and tuition reimbursement
- Community: Charitable Match; paid volunteer time; team sponsorships
- Wellness: Employee Assistance Program; health club reimbursement; wellness reimbursement
Society Insurance prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, genetics, veteran status or military service, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Society Insurance also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the requirements of the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
Society Insurance is a drug-free workplace. Any candidate who receives an offer of employment from Society will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test for controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment drug test, which is conducted in accordance with Society’s substance abuse policy.